Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Aruba vs. St. Lucia

We are having a hard time deciding which island to visit for our June 2013 honeymoon. Anyone have thoughts on either? Any input on Sandals resorts would also be helpful!

Re: Aruba vs. St. Lucia

• Options
    I've been to both. Hands down liked Aruba more. Easier to get around, better food, cleaner. I thought st Lucia was much more picturesque but getting around was very difficult, there were not as many good restaurants, and I thought there were a lot of shady people and it was dirty.
  • Options
    And I will add... If you do go to st Lucia go all inclusive bc there aren't many great restaurants and it is so hard to get around. I don't think there is a sandals in Aruba, but there are several all inclusives. However I would never do ai in Aruba bc there are so many awesome restaurants and you will want to try everything.
  • Options
    We've never been to Aruba but we have been to St. Lucia twice and stayed at Sandals Grande. I have reviews and pics in the link above my siggy pic. 
  • Options
    We've only been at Aruba and loved it!
  • Options
    Aruba is amazing!!! I've been to both and hands down I would go back to Aruba 1st : ) 
  • Options
    I just got back from my honeymoon from Aruba and my husband and I loved it so much we are already planning our next trip to Aruba! The island is safe and you can walk around with no problems and the food is phenomenal!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    well-what do you want out of your HM? both islands have their pros and cons. I personally preferred st lucia-i didnt' care for aruba much. one is lush jungle, one is desert.

• Options
    I like Aruba A LOT. Yeah, it might not be as pictureesque at St. Lucia (it's a desert island), but I think it's super easy to get around (you don't need to rent a car), it's got a milion bars and restaurants, super clean, very friendly population, no slums. I also felt like I didn't get bothered by timeshare people/people trying to sell crap/tourists like I did at some other islands. Lots of activities to do. We stayed at the Hyatt. Proably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at and mostly couples. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-vs-st-lucia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:75073794-1108-4012-91c7-f5f5133fa1c7Post:5fd40760-7eec-4932-b428-fc9ab3aa623f">Re: Aruba vs. St. Lucia</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Aruba A LOT. Yeah, it might not be as pictureesque at St. Lucia (it's a desert island), but I think it's super easy to get around (you don't need to rent a car), it's got a milion bars and restaurants, super clean, very friendly population, no slums. I also felt like I didn't get bothered by timeshare people/people trying to sell crap/tourists like I did at some other islands. Lots of activities to do. We stayed at the Hyatt. Proably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at and mostly couples. 
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]
    I agree w/all of this. We stayed at the Hyatt on our HM as well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-vs-st-lucia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:75073794-1108-4012-91c7-f5f5133fa1c7Post:5fd40760-7eec-4932-b428-fc9ab3aa623f">Re: Aruba vs. St. Lucia</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Aruba A LOT. Yeah, it might not be as pictureesque at St. Lucia (it's a desert island), but I think it's super easy to get around (you don't need to rent a car), it's got a milion bars and restaurants, super clean, very friendly population, no slums. I also felt like I didn't get bothered by timeshare people/people trying to sell crap/tourists like I did at some other islands. Lots of activities to do. We stayed at the Hyatt. Proably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at and mostly couples. 
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this we just got back from our HM in Aruba and we loved it!!  We stayed at the Bucuti and Tara Beach suites for 3 nights and the renaissance for 6 nights.  I was not a fan of the renaissance at all I loved Bucuti but it is pretty expensive.  The food in aruba is amazing!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We just got back from Aruba and also stayed at Bucuti & Tara.. There are no kids, it's right on the beach, everyone is SO friendly and helpful, the food is amazing, there's tons to do... it's SUPER luxurious, but also kind of pricey.  We decided to splurge a little since our airfare was paid for w/ a prize I won at work, and you only get to go on your honeymoon once! Everything else is just a vacation ;) Pick Aruba, you won't be disappointed!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Did you decide where to go?! We are having the same debate for out July 2013 honeymoon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards