Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Best Bang for your Buck...

My husband and I just married last weekend and because of my school schedule we are going on our HM in April/Spring Break. As a wedding gift my parents are paying for our airline tixs so we don't need to worry about that. We have a few places in mind  but dont want to spend a lot of money, between $2-3000.00 or less, if possible. Any suggestions on any Caribbean places that are all inclusive what we can get a lot for a minimal amount. I do have to say I want an a great room....I am a bit of a hotel snob so a good room and a really great private jacuzzi is important to me. I know beggars can't be choosers, so any and all suggestions would be helpful!!!
thanks!

Re: Best Bang for your Buck...

• Options
    Speaking very generally, you tend to get the most bang for your buck in Mexico - specifically, the Yucutan. I'd start there. Good luck!
  • Options
    Agreed with PP. I had a $2000 budget (for the hotel portion, all inclusive) and found the most bang for my buck in Mexico. We went with Cancun. One of one my requirments was a jacuzzi in the room as well, however I wouldnt consider myself a "hotel snob" when it comes to anything else with the room (lol), but we chose the Fiesta Americana Condesa All Inclusive. We we're able to get the governor suite (2nd to best room at the hotel. The "best" was the same exact as ours only 3 bedrooms, which we clearly dont need on our honeymoon) which has a jacuzzi on the private terrace. I won't go into it's amentities as you can check it out for yourself, but it's rated the #20 hotel in cancun out of 172 on trip advisor. I feel we got the most bang for our buck.
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also if your not intersted in Mexico for whatever reason I found the DR to be a close runner up for best bang for you buck
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, Mexico and the DR are going to get you the most for your money. There are some great resorts between Playa and Cancun that are in your range. We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya and loved it. Almost every room class has a jacuzzi, and some have them on a private deck. The beach was fantastic, too.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    All the rooms at the Sun Palace in Cancun have a jacuzzi either in the room or on the balcony.  Here's a pic of our room last week.  
  • Options
    We chose to go to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico because it was little less touristy then Cancun and less party like. Especially around the spring break time. We had our entire trip planned for around 3000 and that was after airfare.
    You should check out AllInclusiveoutlet.com and that is what I used to find pricing and information on resorts. We ended up booking locally though with a travel agent.

• Options
    I chose Magestic Elegance in DR. Most of the resorts are new in DR so its easy to find a nice hotel and they are all mostly inclusive. We booked our HM with flights and an all inclusive package for 2800 total for a week.You can get cheaper but we upgraded to a swim up room. The resort is only 4 years old and all rooms have jacuzzis.  Me and my fiance wanted to go some where nice but not break the bank!! Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards