July 2012 Weddings

ONE WEEK!

July 28th brides were only 1 week away! Our wedding week is here!! I have family coming in today and tomorrow for the wedding! I'm so excited!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ONE WEEK!

• Omg I know. I have so much to do still, and I keep finding things that I haven't thought of yet! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought of that this morning at 11am, I said to FI that in one week all eyes would be on me as I start down the aisle toward our foreve.  :-)

Today we finally found a vest and pants for FI, shoes for FI's son (groomsman), underthings for FI's daughter (bridesmaid) and me.  We got most things for the bathroom baskets and decided on gifts for the groomsmen.

I feel bad for FI that his men have not stepped up and offered a bachelor party.  They're kind of uninvolved in every aspect and the best man is in Cape Cod for this weekend.  The only GM involved is my cousin who is arranging our flowers for us and coming to help three days before the wedding.

I'm so excited for it to be here and hope the 60% chance of rain that's forecasted doesn't come until late afternoon!
  • We're down to 6 days now!
    Dawnleanna-- what things do you still have to do?? I want to make sure I've done them!!

sunshine-- I hope the rain holds off for you, Right now we have a 40% chance of storms and its florida, and usually rains at some point during the day, so i'm a little nervous! A friend of mine got married last night and the weather was perfect for her, I hope it is for me too!

Good luck everyone! Enjoy your last week as a single lady but be excited to become a married woman!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am feeling a little bit better today but I'm trying to get organized on my to do's. So far I have:
    Wrap Bridesmaid Gifts and Gm gifts cuz FI wont do it
    write out my thank you cards to each one of them
    assemble my day-of bag and emergency kit
    Finalize our "must play list" with FI- we meet with the DJ tomorrow
    Get my ring cleaned
    Do all of my kid's laundry (and FI's) because we will be gone for 2.5 weeks on honeymoon
    Grocery shopping to make sure there is enough food in the house while I'm gone
    Pack for the Honeymoon! (have to be done by Thurs night)
    Print and gather all important travel docs for wedding and honeymoon
    Gather together all stuff for FI to take to the ceremony 
    Bag and tie all the cookie favors
    Get my hair done
    mani pedi's with the BM's
    Clean my house!
    Buy sand for the ceremony
    Make lemonade for the ceremony
    Decide what I'm wearing to the RD

Lol. I have a lot to do this week. Oh and pick up the dresses on Thurs. Part of the reason things are a little rushed is because we planned this entire wedding in 5 months. But considering that I think I'm doing ok :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My to do list is manageable, but I won't have much relaxation time before the wedding.

*Organize belongings into hotel, ceremony and reception piles
    *Drop off DIY/Decorations at reception
    *Get mani/pedi
    *Pick up wedding dress today
    *Drop of dogs for boarding
    *Get items for emergency kit
    *Pick up groceries for wedding day breakfast
    *Get e-ring cleaned
    *Organize bridesmaid gifts
    *Check into hotel room Friday and organize belongings

I'm glad that FI is getting more organized as the wedding gets closer. He seems more and more excited, which makes me even more happy.
  • Omg I've got so much to do..... I finally received the seating list from the family. Giving them deadlines is useless. I still need to pay for my final payment for the venue. She had family stuff the last few days so I get it. Waiting to hear back if my dj will mc at the wedding. No one we know wants to do it. I have to finish my favors. Since I'm a hairstylist I have to cut all my groomsmens hair tmr and work. So another 12 hr day for me yeahhhh!!!!! Thats like my 4 th one in the last week. I have posted about family flying in on the day of the wedding. Need to fight to have my brother to give me away. My mom thinks uncle should do it but we aren't close and I want my brother or my other uncle but politics make it not possible. Still working out the limo seating to get people in the limos. Need More time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards