Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Excellence P*nta Cana Review

I just thought I'd leave a quick review if anyone was planning on honeymooning at the Excelllence Group All-Inclusive in P*nta Cana. My DH and I were there the week of October 17, and overall it was really nice!

The weather was perfect, and the beach and pool were beautiful. We did some research ahead of time, so we knew the ocean would be too rough to swim in and it was indeed. It was still so relaxing to watch and listen to though.

The pools and outdoor areas were clean, gorgeous and well-kept. The bartenders always did a phenomenal job as well.

Our room was upgraded upon arrival (I think using a travel agent probably helped with this), and it was really nice and clean. It could use a little updating, but everything was neutral and nice. It didn't look like it jumped out of the 80s or 90s :)

Our only major complaint was the food. Obviously we didn't go hungry, but I'm definitely a girl that likes good food. I was disappointed multiple times. There were definitely some good items... the on-site Mexican restaurant was good and so was The Grill.

The shows were not very good, but honestly we only sat through part of one. Maybe the others were better. Also, we knew it was quite a drive from the airport to the resort, but they weren't kidding. If you get motion sick at all, take some meds with you. Trust me.

Like I said, it really was very nice overall, but I think DH and I would rather try somewhere new next time. I don't think we'd go back.

Oh, one other thing worth noting: the staff were all amazingly friendly and accommodating Cool

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards