Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Under 2,500??

We will be honeymooning in December, I'd love a beach/adventure honeymoon. All inclusive is ideal. Any suggestions on what to do and where to travel on this budget? Can't wait to hear suggestions!!
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Under 2,500??

• Options
    That depends on how many nights you want to stay.  Mexico tends to be cheaper than most areas.  I would discuss your options with a travel agent, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Costa rica ?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Options
    sure. you can price it out online as the rates for december are out.

• Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Have you thought of keeping an eye on Groupon or Living Social deals?  They sometimes have great rates that might be more in your budget than traditional methods of booking travel.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_under-2500?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:7cc21b98-5e30-4e0a-933e-a72708ee3ed5Post:10c82d4c-b948-4b24-87c3-e7f3448286a6">Re: Under 2,500??</a>:
    [QUOTE]When in December?  Rates are low until school lets out for the holidays.  Then they triple!
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was going to say.

You can probably do a week in early December in Cancun on that budget fairly easily.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Like others said, depends on how many nights and when in Dec. The later it gets/closer to the holidays, the more prices will spike because that's prime travel season, esp. for a beach location.

I would check into Mexico for sure. We were toying with the idea for spring 2013 (when prices would probably be high for spring break) and looking into the Valentin Imperial Maya in Riviera Maya for 6 nights with airfare from Chicago we were coming in under $3000 total.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Thanks... We will continue to look at Mexico... And living social
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Again depending on your dates and how long you want your trip to be, a cruise can be an affordable option....
  • Options
    Ditto Mexico, if your dates are flexible.  We had been planning to honeymoon in February sometime but our travel agent suggested early December if possible, as rates were noticeably cheaper then.  We're doing an AI resort in Puerto Morelos/Riviera Maya, from the 8th-15th for right around $2,500, that includes flights and transfers to/from airport.
  • Options
    If you travel in the first week or two of December, you won't have any issues finding a great place at your price point. The prices will double if you go any later than that.

We decided to go to the Riviera Maya. It's slightly south of Cancun and a bit quieter but with plenty of night life of its own (just with fewer spring breakers than you would see in Cancun) and most importantly - at a slightly lower price. Many (dare I say most?) hotels in this area of Mexico are all-inclusive and are usually more affordable than other Caribbean destinations.

For example: for the amount we are paying to go to the Riviera Maya and stay in an all-inclusive oceanview "casita suite" for two weeks, we could have gone to the Turks & Caicos for about 3 days and stayed in a "gardenview economy" room and had to pay extra for meals and entertainment and everything else on top of that. Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration. But not really. For the price, it really is the best you can get unless you go on a cruise. Neither of us had ever been on a cruise before and didn't really want to risk discovering that maybe we aren't "cruise people" on our honeymoon. If you are into cruises, that is definitely the way to go!
  • Options
    Ditto mexico. Dominican republic and Jamaica AIs are also fairly budgetfriendly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cruises might fit your needs too.  They include food and lodging, but not booze.  Excursions can add up as well, but on most cruises you'd have options to zip-line, visit ruins, snorkle, etc.  

DH and I did our HM cruise for about $2500, but we don't really drink.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_under-2500?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:7cc21b98-5e30-4e0a-933e-a72708ee3ed5Post:2817e493-c45e-4df4-8089-020584bd9ca4">Re:Under 2,500??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto mexico. Dominican republic and Jamaica AIs are also fairly budgetfriendly.
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]

This is what I was going to suggest too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards