July 2012 Weddings

What are you writing on your welcome letters in the hotel bag?

What kinds of stuff are you writing on your letters?  And are you printing them out on regular paper?  Are you going to make them look pretty?
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What are you writing on your welcome letters in the hotel bag?

• I'm keeping the welcome letter pretty simple. I will say something like... (Paraphrasing here) Thank you so much for coming. we're so glad you could join us for this special time in our lives. Here are a few items to help you enjoy your stay (and a little bit more I guess).

I am printing the letter on nice ivory paper I got at the stationary store and printing it at home.

I also made brochures with things to do in Baltimore and a wedding timeline postcard that explains the key times to note for the shuttle service we arranged. I had these printed at VP. In the brochure I put recommendations on things to do, restaurants, bars, and transportion tips.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 99% of our guests are familiar with the area so we're keeping it simple. 

It'll be a single sheet or regular paper printed on both sides.  It'll have a short little intro and then a section of places to eat/drink in the immediate area, a really brief timeline, and then a section including our wedding email address for people to email pictures if they want.  On the back will include driving directions to and from the ceremony and then a shuttle schedule from the hotel to the reception and back.  I found a template online.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We're compiling packets with brocures and maps of our favorite places to go, Our wedding day schedule is pretty simple so we aren't including that, and we're including a "call anyone but the Bride" contact list.

here is what I wrote in the letter thats going to be printed on pretty ivory paper with a letter head. :
    "

Dear Family and Friends,

Welcome to The Upper Connecticut River Valley! We are thrilled that you are here to share in the joy of our wedding celebration. We are so fortunate to have each of you in our lives and feel honored that you have traveled great distances to be with us. Our lives have been intertwined for over twenty years and some of you began this journey with us almost that long ago. We have met others along the way and feel that you have all enriched our lives with laughter, love and support. Thank you for your friendship and for being such a special part of our lives.

We hope that you will enjoy your stay in the area we now call home. We’ve compiled some information about some of our favorite things to do and see in the area.  We hope that information we’ve put together has all of the ingredients that you need to make it a memorable weekend. We can't wait to see you!

Love,"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kimandjosh - that letter is awesome! totally going to steal some of the language for our letter, haha!
  • steal away!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going very simple so most of our guest will not even check into the hotel until after the ceremony.  It will just be a quick thank you for sharing today with us.
  • Hi - would you mind sharing the template you found?  I have been searching for a good one too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards