Honeymoon Discussions

South Africa?

Hello,

Has anyone traveled to S. Africa or any southern African countries for their honeymoon or other occasion?

My FI and I have always wanted to go and know we want to soak in the culture, history and safari. However we don't know if we should arrange it ourselves.

I am hesitant to go with a tour company because of the structure and tourist atmosphere we want to avoid.  But then there is also the safety and benefit of structure too, because the company knows what they are doing and have resources.

Any feedback from frequent travelers would be helpful too. 

I have been to East Africa but it was structured and then when I went back I knew people from the first time... Don't have that in South Africa, Botswana or any of the other nearby countries...
Thanks!

Re: South Africa?

• We went to SA for our honeymoon.  We stayed at Ulusaba in Sabi Sands.  I highly recommend that lodge.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Like East Africa, I think it's probably a good idea to have some local assistance and support.  But SA is easier so most trips there don't need to be in groups or totally structured.  I'm not positive but I think moonrings does SA honeymoons, and their stuff seems to be pretty custom (and upscale, if that's your preference).  You could also see what some other tour operators could do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards