Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon ideas

My Fi & I have no idea as so where we want to go for our honeymoon. Here's the kicker! My Fi does not & will not fly so that definitely limits our options. We go on so many cruises that on our last cruise(july) we both agreed we were all cruised out!! I really feel your honeymoon should be somewhere tropical with beaches with clear blue water & maybe exotic. We've been almost everywhere a cruise can take us (leaving locally cuz he doesn't fly). Any cruises that leave where we have to fly, he doesn't want to go. We even drove to Florida from Connecticut to leave on a cruise. Anyone have any ideas/recommendations?

Re: Honeymoon ideas

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-ideas-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:8694dd0f-7d3b-4bcc-bc76-30e9ee45fcc1Post:16f3aacb-5611-4999-b995-fd1565b52876">Honeymoon ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fi & I have no idea as so where we want to go for our honeymoon. Here's the kicker! My Fi does not & will not fly so that definitely limits our options. We go on so many cruises that on our last cruise(july) we both agreed we were all cruised out!! I really feel your honeymoon should be somewhere tropical with beaches with clear blue water & maybe exotic. We've been almost everywhere a cruise can take us (leaving locally cuz he doesn't fly). Any cruises that leave where we have to fly, he doesn't want to go. We even drove to Florida from Connecticut to leave on a cruise. Anyone have any ideas/recommendations?
    Posted by chee023[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of nice beaches along the east coast.  With that said, has your FI considered some sort of therapy for his fear of flying?  There's a whole world out there to see and it'd be a shame if you and your FI were stuck to only places within driving distances for your entire life.  
  • Options
    If your FI is ever interested in getting over his fear of flying, many major airports offer courses (some are free, in fact) to aid in fear of flying. I know someone personally who took one and said it was wonderful. It totally helped and she now flies all over the world.

There are also courses you can do at home but I think they are pricier--videos/DVDs and what not.

Otherwise, like PP said, the east coast does have some nice beaches. Just off the top of my head you could check out Myrtle Beach or the Outer Banks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Outer Banks in NC was going to be one of my suggestions. If you can take the time, you could also drive to FL again and visit the Keys or any of the beaches down that way.

If you aren't stuck on tropical, the White Mountains in New Hampshire is beautiful all year round. That's only a few hours away from CT. You could also do a wine trail in CT if you're into wine. Cape Cod is always a good choice too. 
  • Options
    My fi won't fly either (and neither will I but i am working on that).  However, there are many places stateside where you can go have a nice vacation.  When are you thinking of taking your honeymoon?  I would look into places like Florida, Texas, South Carolina, etc. Not sure what you;re looking for though: beaches, mountains?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My FI and I are a fan of road trips. Our biggest one (which did include flying to the state in question to begin with) was driving the coast of California. Recently we went to Montreal for a weekend. So driving is always an option.

Other than boats and cruises, think about possibly going by train. Call me old fashioned but I think train travel is romantic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Vacation tickers fibromyalgia Pictures, Images and Photos Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Come to Canada - there's lots to do here! Depending on when you want to take your honeymoon and what type of setting you want, there's usually something going on. There are lots of festivals: Montreal Jazz Festival, Just for Laughs, Stratford theatre, Charlottetown ... it really depends on what you're looking for. Something more low key? Atlantic Canada has some awesome scenery, friendly people and amazing hiking/sightseeing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    What about the 2 cliche classics:  Niagra Falls or the Poconos?

Would he consider anti-anxiety meds or hypnosis to enable him to get on a plane?
  • Options
    Thanks  everyone for your suggestions. I am trying to get him to fly or even go to a doctor to get something prescribed for his fear but he's not hearing it. My ideal honeymoon would be Hawaii but I see that's not going to happen.  He says if he gets up any courage to fly, he wants to honeymoon in Vegas. For me, Vegas is not really a honeymoon spot. Just don't find it romantic.  We have been to Cape Cod, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, etc. We went to the Poconos & HATED it. I like the idea of Canada because we have always talked about going there & never have gone. So thats an idea. I  never considered the Outer banks so I have to look into that. I asked him what his idea of a honeymoon would be & he said Florida.  The Keys or Ft. Lauderdale.  He's not into hiking or mountains or anything like that. He likes sight seeing & doing some adventure excursions. Our honeymoon would be in July so we both are thinking beach! I would love to drive the coast of California but how do I get him there? lol. I may just suk it up & plan yet another cruse that way I get my beach & he gets his excursions but I was really just looking for something different! Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    I loved the Keys!!  GORGEOUS!!  Key West has a sunset carnival which is soo cool.  My brother went to the outerbanks and loved that too...I was going to mention Myrtle Beach but you said you went there already.  What about Orlando?  You could do the parks and have a ball and drive to Clearwater or Miami for the day in between...just a thought.  I hope its great, no matter where you go!  I am not a huge fan of planes either...I have flown, just dont like to really.  I live close to an airport so I see them everyday lol.
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards