Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals La Toc - St Lucia

My husband surprised me with this destination as our honeymoon, and I was beyond thrilled with his pick. The resort was BEAUTIFUL (and the island). There was always something to do. The Playmakers were fun and tried their best to get people to participate. They formed relationships with us throughout the week. In particular, Miquel was very friendly to us and always checked in on us. The food at the restaurants was amazing. The service was always spectacular. In particular, we loved to eat at the Cricketer's. It was a pub in the resort that served spectacular shepherd's pie. It was the first place we ate at, and it had the first friends that we made. Patrick and Darius, two employees there, were always extremely kind to us. They basically knew what we would be ordering by the end of the week. They talked to us about the island and always had a smile to offer. We also loved to eat at Armando's, an Italian restaurant. Another favorite thing to do during the week was take pictures. The photographers around the property were friendly and fun! They loved to capture fun moments for us, and they were nice to talk with! We especially loved to meet up with Lance and Brent to take pictures. Now that we are home, we treasure the pictures they took for us on the beach and around the resort. We also cherish the memories we made with them, the conversations and the friendships we quickly formed. 
St. Lucia is beautiful and La Toc had everything we wanted from relaxation on the beach/pool to excursions around the island. It was an amazing honeymoon!

Re: Sandals La Toc - St Lucia

• Thanks for the review...do you have any pics to share? We narrowed our choices to St. Lucia (Sandals), Cancun (Sun Palace) or Barbados (Crystal Cove). I'm so confused!
  • So glad to hear someone else loved it as much as we did!!  (Everyone always raves about the Grande.)  It was the first Sandals we went to and we fell in LOVE with La Toc and St. Lucia.  We loved how big it was and how different each area of the resort was.  Our travel agent recommended it to us when we were looking at totally different resorts and areas- I was a little nervous, but it really is such an amazing resort!  It even smells awesome. 
    @Pnutbutr- I can send you my tripadvisor review of La Toc if you are interested.  I'm THE WORST at uploading pics so I don't have any of those to share. :(
  • Thank you for the review.  My FL and I will be honeymooning there after our wedding in October.  Do you mind me asking how much your pictures cost?  I have heard about these photographers and was hoping to get a few good shots of us while we are there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
    60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image
  • @
    Pnutbutr  I sent you a PM with my review from TripAdvisor.  We stayed there in January 2010, so there is no way I can remember that detail now.  Hope it helps!! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_sandals-la-toc-st-lucia-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:86ad5f8d-c55e-4001-a1d8-fd7cf8b71977Post:ed7cbd98-8806-43a8-a314-1eb8e2796afa">Re: Sandals La Toc - St Lucia</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the review...do you have any pics to share? We narrowed our choices to St. Lucia (Sandals), Cancun (Sun Palace) or Barbados (Crystal Cove). I'm so confused!
    Posted by Pnutbutr[/QUOTE]
    We stayed at the Sun Palace for our honeymoon.  I'd recommend Sandals La Toc or the Grande (both in St. Lucia) over the Sun Palace.  La Toc is bigger and has a golf course.  The Grande is more intimate.  When you stay at Sandals, you have privileges at all three (Halcyon is the third).

If you decide to go to Sandals, be sure to book through a TA.  It shouldn't cost you any more than what it would cost to book it yourself online.  We were at Sandals Negril last week and had a problem; we were moved the next day.  We met a couple who had an even bigger problem with their room, and I asked if they had booked with a TA.  They hadn't, and were having a very difficult time getting moved.  My TA is extremely knowledgeable.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like her info.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_sandals-la-toc-st-lucia-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:86ad5f8d-c55e-4001-a1d8-fd7cf8b71977Post:0d7eb4b7-99ab-4869-96c2-ee3fab2db2c4">Re: Sandals La Toc - St Lucia</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the review.  My FL and I will be honeymooning there after our wedding in October.  Do you mind me asking how much your pictures cost?  I have heard about these photographers and was hoping to get a few good shots of us while we are there.
    Posted by AG2AF=2012[/QUOTE]
    I would recommend scheduling a sunset photo shoot with one of the photographers.  I think we paid approximately $10 per photo two years ago at the Sandals Royal Bahamian. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards