Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Travel Agent for Costa Rica Honeymoon

Hi all,

I am looking for reccomendations for travel agents that are able to book to resorts in Costa Rica.  A friend of mine used a travel agent to plan their honeymoon to Mexico, and had a great experience with her.  However, it appears as though she does not book in Costa Rica.  I am very unfamiliar with how travel agents work, but my friend told me that she and her fiance did not pay their travel agent any fees, but that the resort they stayed at paid her for booking their stay at their resort.  So, I'm not sure how common/uncommon this is, but I like the idea of not having fees on top of what you pay for the resort stay, airfare etc.

Fiance and I live in San Francisco bay area in CA, if that helps at all.  Wedding is very soon, in May, so I need to get on this!

:) Thanks!

Re: Travel Agent for Costa Rica Honeymoon

• Options
    I live in NYC, but use an agent out of Wash DC.  Same deal- resort pays her the fees, so we don't pay her.  (I think that is how they all work, not sure)

Anyhow, we've been really happy with her:
    Jenn Garbak
    jenn@travelwisevirginia.com
  • Options
    I am booking with Costa Rica Experts!  www.costaricaexperts.com
    They have been great so far and my dream trip is booked!  I am working with Brandon and he made some really cool suggestions and I am so excited for our honeymoon!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards