Honeymoon Discussions

How to book honeymoon - through travel agent or straight through Sandals?

The FI and I are going to talk to some travel agents this week regarding our honeymoon, which we are planning on going to St. Lucia! We are considering La Toc and Grande St. Lucian - both Sandals resorts - we've heard they're both great places to go! Anyways, what is best to do for this type of thing? Is it best to book through an agent or just do it yourself? Do you find it to be cheaper or easier one way or another? I am pretty good with booking travel things, as I've done that a good number of times in the past, but I was just wondering if there's an advantage to going to an agent or doing it ourselves? I always see that Sandals gives 65% off deals, which seems really great. Are the agents able to get you those deals as well, or is that a booking yourself thing? Any advice is helpful, so thank you in advance! If you have thoughts on which resort is better, please let me know that too! Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How to book honeymoon - through travel agent or straight through Sandals?

• We booked our Sandals vacation through the travel agent.  It was so easy.  There were no extra fees or anything like that.  We actually got a very small discount.  We are going to talk to them soon about booking our honeymoon.  We are also looking into going the grand St. Lucian, (altough prices for airfare is almost $1K from Miami with no direct flights).  My advice is if you are comfortable booking yourself, go ahead.  There wasn't much advantage to using the travel agant except to bounce ideas off of.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We are also going to Grande St. Lucia Sandals (May 25th).  We booked directly with the resort because we wanted a specific room, and they guarrantee lowest price.  ACTUALLY, I went on their website just recently and noticed they had a better sale for a few days...I called them, and they took $500 off our current booking, so they are very good to deal with. 
    We did flights separate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've booked many trips myself and also through travel agents.  Travel agents are good if you need other things other than just hotel/flight reservations.  I just met with a travel agent to book our honeymoon.  We are going to Costa Rica and staying part of the time in the Arenal volcano area and part of the time on the beach.  The travel agent is making it easier for me by taking care of all the transfer arrangements.  The price the agent quoted me was more than a special they were running on the hotels websites.  However, I showed her what the price would be if I booked directly through the hotels, and the travel agent was able to match the price I found online. 
  • edited February 2012
    I would contact both and see who can offer you a lower price... i've always booked our trips online and always compared deals, etc. for our previous trips.. however, i just booked with a travel agent for our honeymoon for our Hawaii trip... i picked a travel agent coz we are going to 2 islands in Hawaii, transfers, hotels, etc...it was just easier to go thru an agent in that case...especially,since it's our honeymoon, i wanted to make sure everything was right...
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We've always booked our Sandals (and other) trips with a travel agent.  They can match whatever pricing and it is just easier if something goes wrong. 
    I can say that we've "heard" Sandals treats travel agent clients a little better because they want the repeat business from travel agents.  We just went to Beaches Turks and were upgrade to a concierge suite and got a free 5" X 7" photo-- so, we believe it to be true. 
    I'll send you who we use in a PM.  She's young and fun and does tons of honeymoons- Sandals and beyond.  Hope it helps.  All the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards