Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Key West Honeymoon

Hello all,
We want to have our honeymoon some where in the Key West. Do any one know a place in mind located in Key West that we can go that's really good with an ocean view........
Thanks in advance 
Mr. & Mrs. Griffin

Re: Key West Honeymoon

• Options
    We just got back from our third year in a row to KW. We always stay at the Hyatt resort and spa at 601 front st. Twice we've been upgraded to the king salon room this time we had the gulf delux room. Both rooms offer a beautiful gulf view. I always book the package that includes breakfast. A four night stay will set you back about 2100 just for the room and breakfast but it's worth it. I have two reviews, haven't done this one yet, and three yrs of pics in the link above my siggy pic if you want to check it out. Hth and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
  • Options
    H and I went to Key West for our HM.  We stayed at Southernmost on the Beach.  It was an amazing hotel at the end of Duval Street (the queiter end) and about a block away from the Southernmost Point buoy.  The room was very nice and the service was friendly.  There was a small beach connected to the hotel as well as many hammocks to lounge on.  There was also a large boardwalk that jutted out over the ocean where you could sun bathe and then take a few steps down into the water to cool off.  The pool area was very nice with plenty of umbrellas and towels.

H and I liked the fact that the hotel was at the quieter end of Duval because it made the nights a bit more romantic, but if we wanted to go shopping, bar hopping, or watch the sunset with the crowds we only had to walk a few blocks up/ride our moped up to Mallory Square.

• Options
    Ditto Maggie's suggestion.  Although if you want a really good beach it's worth the hour or hour and a half drive if you have a car, to go to Bahia Honda State Park.  When we went to the Keys we actually liked the middle part of the Keys around Marathon better than Key West.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    If you stay on Key West, I recommend staying in one of the bed and breakfasts. My FI and I stayed at a place called the Angelina Bed & Breakfast last summer and it was wonderful. We had their little suite where we had a living room and a door directly out to the pool deck. The rooms were small, but it was wonderful. It doesn't have an ocean view, but we would gladly go back. They have bikes you can rent there instead of having to go to an outside company. It is worth renting the bike and riding everywhere instead of driving!!

Make sure to check out Mallory Square at sunset, if you like margaritas, Kelly's Carribean Bar and Grill has amazing happy hour specials on them (and it's the original Pan Am Headquarters), Better Than Sex dessert restaurant, and we went on a snorkeling catamaran with the company FuryCat. All highly recommended!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards