July 2012 Weddings

Shower!

So my bridal shower was this past Saturday!  Everything was awesome!  It was Cinco de Mayo themed, I drank many margaritas, lol.  My MOH even made pinata cookies, She's not very Betty Crocker when it comes to baking so I'm surprised she would have even attempted something like that.

Now our living room looks like Bed Bath & Beyond threw up all over it!  I can't believe how generous my friends and family are!

Now just waiting on people to send me some pics!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Photobucket

Re: Shower!

• That sounds awesome! Cinco de Mayo is such a fun shower theme!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • For some reason your post made me hungry. Mmmmm margaritas & cookies!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Hey, it's SO hard trying to not use your gifts, isn't it?! I just want to use all of them right away. Roll in my pile of new towels or something! But I have them all hidden in the pantry. Out of sight, out of mind, right???? :)
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • that is an awesome shower theme!!! hahaha  We finally have all of our stuff out of the living room & now in the spare room...idk what we're going to do when my brother moves in with us later this year! bahahaha
  • Thats such an awesome theme for a bridal shower! I got a set of pans in the mail the other week and I just want to use them because our others are all old and kind of gross. We plan to put all the gifts in our 2nd bedroom.

Anniversary
  • I know I am going to get flamed for this but I am very bad and use my gifts from my shower Embarassed
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sounds like it was fun! Post some pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d2d741d1-8fcd-4e1e-bff6-5866e705a9e3Post:5d4626be-cd7f-4e77-9a8f-de015deca5cd">Re: Shower!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I am going to get flamed for this but I am very bad and use my gifts from my shower
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Lady I will prob use our gifts as well.  I told my sister i would try not to and she told me that was stupid hahah.  So I am 100% with you!  Use away!! 

The way I see it is that if something happens in the next 75 days then I will prob be in jail for murdering my FI anyway so whats the difference :)  Just Kidding!!
  • meggles114  Your shower sounds like it was so much fun!! I hope you got a ton of awesome stuff :)  All of these shower post are making me wish my shower wasnt a suprise!
  • meggles your shower sounds like so much fun!! any reason to drink extra margaritas is A-OK in my book :) please post pics once you get them!

LADY My dad already blabbed to me and told me that my mom got me our kitchenaid blender as my shower gift. I currently do not have a blender and I absolutely will be using it to make my smoothies as soon as I get it on Saturday!!! So don't worry, you aren't the only one who will be using shower gifts early :)  
  • edited May 2012
    Everything was awesome!  I got so much stuff, it's unreal!  We got 7 of 8 Fiesta ware place settings we registerd for and I somehow ended up w/ 2 kitchen aid mixers! (both the same exact one I registered for... must have been some kind of registry mishap)

I'm really tempted to use everything, but I'm trying to wait!  It will be nice to have all sorts of new things to open and put away and use all at once.  Everything is still crowding the living room right now,  we should probably move them upstairs into one of the spare bedrooms, but mostly everything is kitchen stuff, so it seems stupid to haul it upstairs just to bring it all back down again in a few months (I'm lazy... lol)

I'm still waiting for someone... anyone.... to send me some pics!  My BMs, mom & FMIL are slackers! lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Photobucket
  • Huh, I didn't realize that you're not supposed to use the shower gifts until after the wedding.  I gues that goes also for wedding gifts that arrive early?  Who knew. 

We are expecting to move sometime in the coming months, so I was thinking we'd wait anyway... but I might have wanted to use those that could easily be incorporated now (like towels, etc).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards