Honeymoon Discussions

Italy - Amalfi Coast

So I conviced FI that Italy was the way to go for our honeymoon. I've been before, he has not.  My last trip was two years ago for culinary training in Tuscany.  Italy is huge so I wanted to go where I hadn't been but also vacation by the med sea.  My question for those of you who know Italy, is 10 days in Amalfi too much?  Some people are telling us to do Rome as well but I feel Rome is another trip at another time.

Re: Italy - Amalfi Coast

• I don't think so.  There are so many places to see and visit in the coast.  You can take day trips or stay overnight in Capri (highly suggest a boat tour with Gianni) or Ischia.  Spend a day in Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano (awesome), Ravello (even more beautiful) or go to Salerno.  You can see the emerald grotto if you don't make it to Capri and see their blue grotto (while touristy and quick, it's really quite impressive).  If you really wanted to you can even do a day trip to Naples (from Sorrento) or go see Pompeii/Herculaneum.  Good luck!!
  • I agree, 10 days isn't too long. There is a lot to see on the coast. I also agree that Positano was amazing, simply gorgeous. Ferries can take you everywhere, depending what time of year you are planning on going.
  • you can always fly into rome, spend a few days sight seeing and then head down to amalfi. even with a year you'll never get to see all of rome-i've been 2x both for 4 nights, and it's been fine.
    that's not to say that 10 days can't be done on amalfi alone too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards