Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Maui-Kapalua vs Wailea

My Grandparents have lovingly offered to pay for our hotel on our honeymoon with their Marriott points. 

We've narrowed in on Maui and our top two choices are:

We've never been to either but we're looking for something with an adult feel, luxurious, not too touristy, great pool, good food, near restaurants, great views, good location. 

TIA for the help! 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maui-Kapalua vs Wailea

• Options
    Couple of questions..

When are you going?

We stayed at the Ritz in Kapalua in december-January of this year and while it is a beautiful resort with a secluded, intimate and romantic setting, the weather quite frankly sucked. It was overcase, cloudy, chilly and rainy almost daily. While 10 minutes down the street in Kanapaali, it was sunny with clear skies. So that was a bit of a detraction. I hear the weather is better in Sping & Summer months though.

Other question... How many rewards points do your granparents have?

7 nights at the Ritz cost 300,000
    7 nights at Wailea is 180,000

Not sure if that makes a difference!
  • Options
    I love maui!!! Wailea is absolutely beautiful. I'd absolutely go with that!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We also honeymooned at the Ritz in Kapalua (PIB).  The pool and restaurants were fantastic.  The location is a bit remote--but we wanted that for our honeymoon.  Wailea is the ONE area we did not see so I can't compare, but we loved the Ritz.  There is a small grocery store nearby also and if you like sushi, there is a wonderful place on the resort grounds called Sansei--we ate there twice.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Stephie- I saw your honeymoon pictures and review in your planning bio and it definitely affected my decision, your trip looked amazing!

We're going July 23rd-31st, so as far as I can tell the weather shouldn't be too much of a concern. 

My grandparents offered us a few choices, and both of these were on the list so I think the point deference should be ok. I mainly wanted to ask here to see if anyone had any insight that I hadn't read yet. But it sounds like I have a relatively good idea of the pros and cons of each location. Thanks for the help :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think there's a lot more to do in the Kapalua area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards