Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Where to go in Colorado?!?

My fiance and I just moved to Colorado from Ohio (woo hoo!) but because of the newness of his job we can't take a traditional week long honeymoon. We still want to have a weekend trip but because we are also new to Colorado we have no idea what is out there! If anyone has any ideas that would be within driving distance of Colorado Springs, that would also not break the bank, I would be forever grateful!

Re: Where to go in Colorado?!?

• Options
    I've only visited Colorado (never lived there), but I do love everything I've seen about the state.  I think it will all depend on how far you want to drive and what you want to do.  I would suggest going up into mountains towards the ski areas.  They are normally calmer and cheaper than winter.  I've actually only been to Breckenridge and Telluride in the summer. Look into seeing if you can rent a house/condo for a weekend.  Denver is always a good option if you want to be in a more active setting.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Telluride!!!
  • Options
    I grew up in Colorado Springs. I don't live there anymore, but I'll be going back for the wedding. I would recommend a long weekend in Estes Park. It's a bit of a ride, but if you stay at the YMCA there it's quite affordable. I think it's quintessential Colorado - horseback riding, hiking, mountains, and relaxation.
  • Options
    Thanks yall! Hopefully we will figure everything out. Estes Park and Teluride look like great options!
  • Options

Hi - I live here in Colorado.  I can tell you right away that Telluride is a long drive to get there but well worth it.  Durango is very nice too and not far from Mesa Verde.   But I would agree with the other posting of Estes Park too.  Especially if you go in the fall.  It's probably about 3 hours from C.Springs.  I might be biased because that is also where we are having our wedding too! Yeah!!   Really anywhere in the mountains is worth it.  Breckenridge, Silverthorne, or even Grandby is all well worth a small honeymoon excursion.

Have fun!!

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_where-to-go-in-colorado?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:977e18bf-c920-41b0-b64d-0477cd39f649Post:965791b1-2b85-4c6f-9b63-f444e025a955">Where to go in Colorado?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I just moved to Colorado from Ohio (woo hoo!) but because of the newness of his job we can't take a traditional week long honeymoon. We still want to have a weekend trip but because we are also new to Colorado we have no idea what is out there! If anyone has any ideas that would be within driving distance of Colorado Springs, that would also not break the bank, I would be forever grateful!
    Posted by stone372[/QUOTE]

What do you consider driving distance? Also, what are you interests? Are you more "city-dwellers" who would like fine dining and maybe a show (hit Denver)? Like beer? Go to Fort Collins and check out the many breweries. Like the outdoors? Many suggestions have been made and I would also add Grand Junction. Western Colorado has some pretty spectacular outdoor activities (hiking, biking, river rafting - Colorado National Monument is located at the SW corner of the valley). A perk to Western Colorado - if you like wine, there are tons of wineries in Palisade (about 10 miles east of Grand Junction).

Driving distance from Colorado Springs:
    Denver - an hour appx.
    Fort Collins - an hour and forty-five minutes
    Grand Junction/Palisade - five hours appx if you take I-70 (but an affordable option to consider is driving to Denver and flying on the Denver Air Connection to Grand Junction - flight time is about an hour)
  • Options
    jpymmjpymm member
    First Comment
    I've head great things about Colorado Springs.
  • Options
    I live in Northern Colorado and I'm actually getting married in Estes Park next month at Della Terra Mountain Chateau. We are staying there a few nights, then moving locations and doing a "mini moon" at Evergreens on Fall River there in Estes Park. We stayed there for New Year's Eve and LOVED this place!!!! It's a small cabin, get the Couples Cabin, which has a hot tub inside! It also has a living room and full kitchen. We loved getting into the hot tub then laying in bed and listening to the river at night! PERFECT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards