Honeymoon Discussions

Bora Bora HM - Advice? Travel Agents? Reviews?

My fiance and I have decided to honeymoon in Bora Bora, well actually we want to do a few days in Bora Bora, a few days in Moorea, a few in Tahiti and maybe one more island. We plan on being there for about 10 or 11 days so I'm hoping to do each island for 3 days. Would love to hear from any Travel Agents or anyone who has travelled the area. What are the best islands to go to? Where to stay? What to skip?

Thanks,
Nini

www.miamigirlislandbride.blogspot.com
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bora Bora HM - Advice? Travel Agents? Reviews?

• We booked ours from Costco Travel and I found their prices to be excellent!!!
    You can go to their website and see the sample pricing, and you can call the 1800 numbers and they can customize the package for you.

We are doing something similar with you, we are going for 11 days/10 nights:
    * 2 nights @ Intercontinental Tahiti
    * 3 nights @ Sofitel Moorea
    * 5 nights @ Intercontinental Thalasso Bora Bora

With Costco, breakfasts are included, and we also got dinners included in Bora Bora.

HTH
  • Nini78Nini78 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Doobietala - unfortunately since we are leaving out of Miami there aren't many flight options our flight will get us to PPT at 4:30am and then I guess from there we will head to Moorea.

Msaputra - I haven't checked out Costco but good call I will try them and see if their packages are competitve or not.

GirlinChicao - thanks I was able to get in touch with Caroline...wheew! What a wealth of information. She has been to the area several times and really does specialize in packages to the area so she is putting something together for me. She was able to give me a round down on each of the islands and since she has stayed at many of the resorts and done inspections on them because of her job I trust her judgement. Right now I think we are looking at Huahine, Moorea and Bora Bora.....when she told me about the Deep Water Bungalows at Huahine I couldn't resist, I mean all the other resorts have OWB but these so far out were amazing. We'll see how it goes.

But thank you too all of your for your input!!!

• Doobie: We are doing exactly the same thing! We are flying out of LA at 11:55pm at night. We are staying on Moorea for 4 nights, and Bora Bora for 5 nights.

TripAdvisor is a really helpful website.
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • tahititravel.com has a lot of different packages, i havent actually used them, I am just starting to plan, but it may be worth looking at.
  • They also have different boards like these where you can ask q's!

• Hi Msaputra- Our package including airfare from LA was almost $12,000! We are staying 4 nights in a beach bungalow in Moorea and then the 5 at the IC Thalasso in a diamond OWB.  I went through a TA in Boston and didn't look around at other places.  I do wonder what her cut is b/c the trip is not broken down by price for us, it's just one big lump sum and she never told us nor have I ever asked her (I'm actually just afriad to know).  We are getting breakfast in Moorea and breakfast and dinner in Bora Bora, but do you think we paid way too much?
  • Doobie, I think your package sounds just a little high but not too bad.
    You are staying at a beach bungalow (which is a higher category than my garden bungalow), and you are also staying at a diamond OWB (which is the highest category). Ours is the Emerald OWB which is the lowest category :p

Another thing to consider is the time you're going. We are going in May which is the start of the peak season, but I think it's still cheaper than going in June-August.

You can maybe ask if your TA is willing to match?
    If not, I say don't worry too much about it and enjoy your honeymoon!!

Nini, is the price you quoted for both of you or pp price? If it's for both I say you have a great deal!
  • Msaputra - the price I quoted is for both of us. Though I did ask for an upgrade to Diamond OWB and she repriced our entire trip at $7129 for both of us. I had initially just let her pick the categories of rooms but when I saw what you wrote about Emerald vs Diamond I took a look at them and decided to upgrade. Remember I am going in November which is off season. The peak season usually dies down by the end of October and prices drop off.
    Either way I think everyone's packages suit their needs and everyone should just look forward to enjoying their honeymoon.

Two very instrumental TAs were Caroline@easyescapestravel.net (she has honeymooned in the area and visited the area about 7 different times, very knowledgeable, friendly and fast service)
    Alison@tahititravelmate.com very friendly and very very good prices.

Can't wait to hea updates from you ladies after you take your trips.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards