Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon in Kauai.

Any suggestions for activities or must-sees?
Not all who wander are lost

Re: Honeymoon in Kauai.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-in-kauai?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:99d0ae16-3dd3-4fc0-b0a3-c472678c9f97Post:ebf7ecd0-ed59-4b3b-809f-5958b4cb0c73">Honeymoon in Kauai.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any suggestions for activities or must-sees?
    Posted by prymar08[/QUOTE]

We are honeymooning in Kauai also. I went to <a href="http://www.tripadvisor.com/" rel="nofollow">www.tripadvisor.com</a>  Type in search box Kauai for listings, reviews and contact information for a large variety of activities. The photo tour was recommended as something to do once you arrive. They said this tour will take you to a variety of places you would not find on your own. Enjoy!
  • Options
    We were just in Kauai in February.  It rained a lot while we were there (it was the rainy season), but we did manage to do a few fun things.  I really enjoyed the Captain Andy's sunset dinner cruise along the Na Pali coast (just make sure you take Dramamine).  We also did an ATV tour on Kipu Ranch that was a lot of fun (the rain was a plus to that one since the trails were extra muddy and fun).  We went to the Smith Family Luau which was actually pretty decent as far as large luaus go, the food was surprisingly excellent. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    How about some must-do restaurants? :)  Merriman's most definitely and Josselin's was also a favorite.  We loved Puka Dog.  

As for everything else, some of our favorites were -

Waimea Canyon, taking a boat cruise along the Napali Coast, driving up the North Shore to Ke'e Beach

Honestly, we spent a lot of time aimlessly driving and hanging out by the pool.  That's the vibe Kauai gives off - just pure relaxation.  

Where are you staying?  
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    Ke'ei beach!!! BEST snorkeling! The beach is protected by a beautiful reef, so there aren't so many waves/undertow. That was the first place I snorkeled (for my brother's wedding), and I am dying to go back! On the road to Ke'ei, there's a little burrito shack with delicious burritos that are really good after swimming all afternoon :) HAVE FUN!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you can swing it, definitely take a helicopter tour on the first day that you're there.  It's amazing, and gives you a real sense of the island.  Much of the island is inaccessible by car (due both to the fact that the Robinson family owns much of the land and hasn't developed it and that the northwest coast cannot sustain roads).  So you'll get to see things you otherwise couldn't and get a sense of what you want to go back to.

Definitely see the Na Pali coast by boat.  If you're really adventurous, we did it by kayak.  It was 18 miles in rough seas, and although it was extremely scary and nervewracking, it was amazing.

If you're staying in Poipu and like to hike, the Maha'ulepu Trail goes along some really awesome cliffs and eventually leads to a great beach.  Also visit the nearby town of Koloa.

We drove to the Waimea Canyon one day and enjoyed that and stopped in Hanapepe on the way back.

As far as eating, make reservations at Beach House a few months in advance for sunset.  It's great.  We also loved Tidepooles at the Hyatt.  For a casual dinner, we enjoyed Dukes at the Marriott.  Definitely try Puka Dog, and on the way back from Waimea Canyon, stop at Island Taco for good tacos or Ishihara Market for some amaaaazing poke.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards