July 2012 Weddings
Options

Deodorant Question ***This isn't the Troll I promise!***

Seriously...We all know stress is gonna lead to sweat and so is the heat..(I live in SOUTH MISSISSIPPI so it's gonna be singe your hair hot). What are your suggestions for the best deodorant and anti-prespirant? I already sweat really easily..
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Deodorant Question ***This isn't the Troll I promise!***

• Options
    Here is what I have found....when you take a shower at night and dry off put on a clinical strength deo, then again in the morning. don't shower between the two, but if you do that it gives it more time to work. I'm in Tennessee so I have the same issue with the heat and humidity and sweating and I've been doing this for a week and it works, no sweat on my shirt and no funky BO smell lol
  • Options
    Thank you! I have been experimenting with several different deodorants the past couple of weeks and this heat just devours them. Ugh our humidity is terrible right now. We are coming to TN for our honeymoon. We are hoping it's cooler up there than down here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Yeah, I've read the same about clinical strength deodorants. They activate by you wearing it at night and then reapplying in the morning. I have one and though I don't always use it the right way, it works enough. I almost always have to reapply though throughout the day. For some reason any deodorant I use works less is I'm wearing something sleeveless. Drives me nuts.
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Lol I'm sure the deodorant troll is still hanging around waiting to creep on all our answers hahaha
  • Options
    I use Dove Clinical Strength. The directions say to put it on before you go to bed, which I do, and that works wonders! I usually shower at night then put on deoderant, but sometimes I shower in the morning. The lable on the deoderant package says that'll stay on the next morning through the shower, but I don't know, I don't want to risk being stinky, so I put on a little more if I do shower in the morning.

The lable says putting it on at night right before bed works better than applying in the morning because your body stays pretty much the same temperature all night with little body movement, so it gives the deoderant time to soak in... or something like that :)
  • Options

Ok so I already have this problem any time of the year. I don't stink or have BO but I always have sweat marks on my clothes!

Would these clinical ones work for that too?

• Options
    I've always been cursed with having absurd sweat marks on my shirts. The Clinical strength one works for me significantly, I don't get them anymore! It is a bit pricier, but I will never go on another deoderant. It's something I no longer have to wory about!
  • Options
    Ah perfect! Thanks Future! I'm almost out of my current stuff so I'll try yours! I think I tried some version of Degree. I'd always been a Secret girl and have just dealt with it but I'm sick of it.
  • Options
    I think I am going to try the clinical strength secret. Glad to know I'm not the only one with sweat mark embarrassment! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok this talk of a troll I must be informed. we have a deo troll? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_deodorant-question-this-isnt-the-troll-i-promise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d3881e1e-874f-4e37-a52e-e202910f8aebPost:b33a1a51-8b64-41c2-856b-26d8b921902a">Deodorant Question ***This isn't the Troll I promise!***</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously...We all know stress is gonna lead to sweat and so is the heat..(I live in SOUTH MISSISSIPPI so it's gonna be singe your hair hot). What are your suggestions for the best deodorant and anti-prespirant? I already sweat really easily..
    Posted by Myboys12[/QUOTE]

<div>I use Secret Clinical Waterproof.  Works most of the time, but if I'm really worried, I'll use Certain Dri the night before</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    I only use Mitchum
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards