Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeyfund....

Re: Honeyfund....

• Options
    There are many posts on this topic on this board. While HM registries are generally not recommended on here, do a search for these posts, read up on the many opinions, and decide if it is right for you.

• Options
    Honeymoon registries are tacky.  They amount to asking for cash, which is rude. Don't do one.
  • Options
    HM registries are misleading.  Your guests think they're buying you a massage while the registry just cuts you a check at the end.  They even take a percentage.  
  • Options
    Honeyfund either 1) takes a percentage (which I personally think is an incredibly stupid choice - that money should go to you, not the company) or 2) asks guests to write a check and send it to you directly.... which is redundant.  People don't need to be told to write checks.  Plan the vacation you can afford and use Aunt Sally's monetary gift for a nice bottle of wine after you know how much you are getting from her,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I (for one, apparently) am all for Honeyfund! That is our primary registry along with another 'traditional' one. We are quite settled and don't have a need for many material things, but we recognize that some people think they need to give wine glasses or towels as a wedding gift. We talked about it and both felt that we would like our friends and family to contribute to an experience rather than our 'stuff.' We could never have a honeymoon like we will, without the help of our friends and family through a honeymoon registry. It's definitely not for everyone but it's working out well for us.

Also, Honeyfund doesn't take a fee (EDIT - I was wrong on this point. They do take a fee for using PayPal but its small.) If guests use the other option where they bring or send a check, there is no fee, but they aren't just giving money, they are contributing to a sailing excursion or scuba diving, or a couples massage on the beach. Our idea is to take pics while enjoying the activity and send those as thank you notes. Its certainly not the traditional way of doing things, but then again I'm not a very traditional girl! :)

Congrats on your wedding and good luck with the registry search!

• Options
    I think its fine. We are also using a honeymoon registry because we already live together and have towels, wine glasses, etc... Needless to say we need nothing for the home. If they are going to get us a gift I would rather they gave us experience or a chance to do something we otherwise couldn't afford. We are going camping so we did set up a store registry for things we would need too. But, even though untraditional as it is, I see nothing wrong with it. It's not tacky. It's just asking for something other than the stuff you already have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards