Honeymoon Discussions
Options

4 Mexico resort options... 1 Honeymoon - Help!

We have the option to choose one of the following and would be so grateful for any advice as we must decide by THrusday!

Our options are:

• Barcelo Maya Beach Resort
  • Dreams Rivera Maya
  • THe Royal
  • Sandos Playa Del Carmen

We;ve never been to Mexico, TIA for your help!

Re: 4 Mexico resort options... 1 Honeymoon - Help!

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2009
    The Royal has gotten some good reviews on my local board.  Also my DH stayed there years ago and loved it--said it was very luxurious and the service was excellent.

Sorry, I know that's not much help.  Maybe others will chime in.
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of good reviews for The Royal also. Did you check out tripadvisor.com?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you're referring to the Royal in PDC or Cancun, but FI and I LOVE their Cancun location.  I am always recommending it on the boards.  I've heard that the PDC location is very nice as well, but I can't speak from personal experience.  If it happens to be Cancun that you're thinking of, let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer for you! 
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    I stayed at the Barcelo resort in Riveria Maya... I liked it, but would have liked it better if we would have upgraded to a higher level resort.  Our TA put us in the lowest level, and the rooms were not that comfortable... I would recommend staying at the Colonia level.
  • Options
    I stayed at The Royal in Playa about 4 years ago. It was easily one of the best vacations I've ever had and I didn't have a single complaint about our stay. The beach was perfect (don't know if it's been impacted by hurricanes since we were there though), the service was incredible, the food was delicious, and the best part was that the downtown area in Playa was literally a 3 block walk from the resort (which is not the case with 99% of the other AIs in PDC). It was nice to be able to casually walk to the shops, restaurants, and bars whenever we wanted and didn't have to worry about cabs or shuttles. It's obviously adult only and there isn't a Cancun party feel at all. Almost everyone we met was on their honeymoon or celebrating an anniversary. There were also a few weddings when we were there. The Real (the family resort affiliated with The Royal) is right across the street and you have access to all of their restaurants.

PM me if you want more details, but I'm obviously a HUGE fan of The Royal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards