Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Passport

Just posted this in Chit Chat, but I guess here would be a better place.

My fiance and I are applying for our first passports..but I'm a little lost. On the application it asks if we want a US Passport Book, US Passport Card or both? Which one am I supposed to choose? We are going to Negril Jamaica for our honeymoon if that makes a difference.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Passport

• Options

Get your passport book.  It allows you travel everywhere vs. the card which is only certain locations.  Personally, I wouldn't waste the money to get both since the book is all you really need.

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    The passport book is a traditional passport.

The card was only invented about 5 years ago, now that there are new travel restrictions with border crossings. The card is about $30 and the size of a driver's license, but contains your citizenship information. It's designed to allow for quick travel over the US border into Canada and Mexico for those who travel frequently. It might also be okay for cruising, but don't take my word on that. It is NOT for travel while flying to a foreign country.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Passport card is good for Mexico, Canada nad the Carribbean.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Mery - get the book.  At this age, your passport is good for ten years.  The book allows you to travel anywhere.  The card is only good for Canada and Mexico.
  • Options
    read what they cover for travel. believe the card is onyl good for cruise departing from us or us territories or car trips not air.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_passport-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:a0d6144b-1a12-429c-b248-06cbb013279ePost:a86e52f3-36aa-45be-aac1-b62324913693">Re: Passport</a>:
    [QUOTE]The passport book is a traditional passport. The card was only invented about 5 years ago, now that there are new travel restrictions with border crossings. The card is about $30 and the size of a driver's license, but contains your citizenship information. It's designed to allow for quick travel over the US border into Canada and Mexico for those who travel frequently. It might also be okay for cruising, but don't take my word on that. It is NOT for travel while flying to a foreign country.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

This.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Glad I found this thread! You ladies were very helpful. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards