Nebraska
Options

Beware MusicLinc DJ service!

I had an absolutely horrible experience with MusicLinc, so if at all possible, avoid them! The company director's name is Dan Sills. He seemed nice enough and professional at first when I talked to him 8 months before my wedding, but about a week before, he called to let me know that the DJ I had requested (recommended by my reception site) wouldn't be available. He told me this guy had requested the night off. Dan assured me that our new DJ, Jeff, would be fantastic. 

He was not. Jeff was extremely rude to me at my reception! We were running a bit behind, (which I'm sure this was the first reception he'd ever been to that was running behind, we had 400 people there for goodness sake!) and he jumped all over me as soon as I walked in. It was horrible to walk into my reception and have the DJ corner me and act like I was a second-class citizen.  He accused me of not sending him my song preferences (which we'd discussed over the phone), so he should have already had some idea.  I'd sent them to him, but my account hand't been switched over from the original DJ. There was absolutely no need for that kind of behavior, since we already had a brass ensemble playing for the remainder of the cocktail hour and the beginning of dinner. There was plenty of time to find out the missing songs without being a jerk. Jeff got all over my case because he hadn't received e-mails from me containing song preferences and first dance requests.

Jeff found the e-mails eventually, but still, perhaps if he'd looked a little harder or figured it out before chewing me out, that would have saved me a lot of stress at my reception.  Then when he knew my preferences for dinner music, he barely played them! He played elevator music and wandered off. 

My mother found out that Dan had actually double-booked my original DJ, so Dan is not an honest person. When I signed my contract, he also said that I could adjust it later, which also turned out to be a lie. 

Dan Sills and Jeff at MusicLinc are not people I'd ever like to work with again, and if you can avoid them at all, I'd strongly reccommend it. 

Re: Beware MusicLinc DJ service!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards