Nebraska
Options

premarital counseling in Lincoln?

Hi, my name is Sara, and my FI, Chris, and I are getting married Jun. 5, 2010. Although we live in Lincoln, we're getting married in Kansas City, where my family is, which is why I haven't posted here yet! The church we're getting married at in KC is allowing us to do our premarital counseling here since we are out-of-town, so I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for that. It can be any type of premarital counseling or classes, through a church or a private organization. We're Presbyterian. Thanks!

Re: premarital counseling in Lincoln?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara:  I'm a member of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Lincoln.  I don't know if they do premarital counseling for people that aren't getting married at Westminster, but it might be worth asking!  The phone number for the church is listed on the website: www.westminsterlincoln.org.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did our premarital counseling with the pastor at the church we got married at. Like PP, im not sure if they just do the counseling or not, but it could be worth a call to check and see. We really enjoyed our counseling. It was very enlightening and forced us to talk about anything and everything, though we swore we already had. Pastor Jim Crelin is an intelligent man and he did a superb job with our wedding. Oh, and the church was Eastridge Presbyterian. 
  • Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies! I talked to a few churches and other organizations last week, and it looks like we are going to do it through Eastridge Presbyterian. It's good to know that you enjoyed it, Daisie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, glad I could help! I think you will like Jim!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards