Nebraska

Reception Locations!!

Hey all! 

I was wondering if anyone had a good list of reception locations that allow outside caterers in the Omaha metro? I'm trying to have a reception that is not outrageously expensive, and it seems that most places I have researched have their own caterers and will cost a minimum of $10000!! Any input would be very helpful!

Thanks!
Emily

Re: Reception Locations!!

• St. john viannys social hall allows you to bring your own alcohol and caterer. 1250 includes security guard and bartender.
  • Regency Lake and Tennis Club allows outside catering AND outside alcohol. I am on a budget so this place seemed perfect for me! :)

• A coworker sent me this link when she was planning her wedding.  I found it very helpful.
    http://www.bandstandmusic.com/halllist.php

• I researched many places in Omaha on a budget and suprisingly Omaha Hilton downtown was the most reasonable.  There is a $6,000 min on food and drinks, but that includes everything with bartenders, linens, security, cake cutting the whole works!  Ask for Gina and tell her Carli sent you!  I will be able to feed and have beer/wine for 250 on this budget!
  • With hotels, it depends on which ballroom you are in and on which date as to what the food and beverage minimum is. 
  • I ran into the same problem when looking for reception venues. 

We ultimately decided on the Scoular Ballroom downtown.  The rental cost for a Saturday is $1500 and they have a list of I believe about a dozen preferred caterers.  The Scoular can hold a large number of guests (we'll have between 250 and 300) and Lisa has been really great to work with so far. 

We are using "Attitude on Food" for our caterer and bartending service.  They quoted me $10,000 for 300 people for 2 entree buffett and open bar for 6 hours.  Complimentary cake cutting no matter who does your cake.  Melissa at Attitude on Food is amazing.

Good luck!
  • I'm having mine at Erin Court.  They allow outside vendors, but I believe you have to pick from a list of "preferred caterers".  I went with HyVee.  As far as the cost, I was able to talk them down quite a bit because I was having the wedding somewhat quickly (we booked the placem 100 days ahead of time), but without doing that, it would have been out of our price range.  Just a thought since they were willing to work with me on bringing the price down.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_reception-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:46869a23-1e2a-46cc-b3f5-cbb018d003e5Post:b3782a25-2fd2-49a6-b7f9-4b30663ddea2">Reception Locations!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all!  I was wondering if anyone had a good list of reception locations that allow outside caterers in the Omaha metro? I'm trying to have a reception that is not outrageously expensive, and it seems that most places I have researched have their own caterers and will cost a minimum of $10000!! Any input would be very helpful! Thanks! Emily
    Posted by emilykav[/QUOTE]
    My name is Stephanie ... There is a  Reception Hall that is located approximately 1/2 way between Omaha and Lincoln, just a minute or two off the interstate. Our Reception Hall seats 450 Banquet-Style or 1000 Theatre-Style. We have a full bar right inside the Hall for your guests.  You can make it a cash bar, or WHATEVER you prefer (You will not be able to provide your own alcohol... it would be sold from our bar directly to your  guests (or a tab would be run for you if you prefer an open bar scenario) . For an extremely reasonable rental fee of only $800, we provide the banquet tables, chairs, linens (your choice of black or white), soft drinks (including soda, lemonade, iced tea, coffee) , and 2 bartenders (our bartenders work for tips) for the night. We will set up the tables and chairs to your specifications AND we will do the clean-up at the end of the night. You could choose whoever you like to cater the event (your caterer would need to provide the hall with a 20% gratuity ... based on their bill to you). I realize this is very INFORMAL and limited information, but if you would like to learn more (or you would like to see our facility) , you can contact me on my cell phone @ (402) 617-4316. We do not "waive"  the "caterer's gratuity" to the hall,  but we are happy to talk with you about the specifics of your situation. I would love to visit with you soon. Thank You
  • edited November 2012
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't even remember what I was searching for the other day, but I stumbled across this link to the W-H's  Wedding Essentials pub for this fall. The last couple pages list a whole bunch of reception sites, if they allow outside catering and minimum costs if known.

http://issuu.com/omaha-world-herald/docs/weddingessentials-fallwinter2012
    image 342 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 50 Will be missing out!
    image 200 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards