Nebraska

Mineral Makeup! OOPS!

I wear BareMinerals every day, but I just learned that it is not a good idea to use with professional photography. My engagement pics are next week and I don't own anything else, and I'm not very good at makeup...it's taken me months and months to learn the basics. I don't have much money right now, and I still would like to get at least a manicure for our pics (I want pics of our hands and my ring)...any ideas on where I could get my makeup done? I have gone to the Clinique counter before..and I always look like either a clown or a raccoon. HELP!
"The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Mineral Makeup! OOPS!

• edited December 2011
    I've never heard that about BareMinerals.  I wear mineral makeup as well and I wore it for my engagement pictures.  I thought they turned out great!  If you're really worried, I would just go to the Clinique counter and be very very specific about how you'd like to look. I would suggest just using what you always do though :) It turned out great for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tricklet17tricklet17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear BareMinerals also, and my e-pics turned out great!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding makeup done by my friend's mother in law who is a Mary Kay representative.  She worked with me to pick my style and colors that I wanted.  I'd suggest checking with your local Mary Kay representative, I believe many of them do free makeup for brides.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah..my photographer recommended that I don't wear BM makeup, so I went to a good friend of my hairdresser's that just graduated from esthetician school and she did AWESOME. Thank you!
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards