Nebraska

Vendor Review 7-31-2010

Hi, my best friend got married the end of July and I am recently engaged and planning my wedding and wanted to share my thoughts about her vendors.

Something New Productions-Michaela -A+
She is awesome! And the gentleman with her was great also, they were very polite and kept everyones attention while meeting the bride's wants for pictures. I can't wait to see them, if you look at www.somethingnewproductions.com under Michaela's name her work is really great, and I can't wait to see the pictures. Definitely worth the money!

Lauritzen Gardens-B
The venue is beautiful, I have been to two receptions here and have loved how beautiful it is, the foliage and the woodwork really set the scene for a beautiful party. It was really disappointing when we showed up the morning of and got very little direction about how to get our decorations and candy buffet inside (we had several boxes and I was MOH and had to be the go-getter, no one there was willing to help-a little frustrating to get all sweaty before the wedding but such is life, she is my best friend I'd do it again to make her day great). The security guard was a little grumpy with me and my boyfriend when we were trying to clean up at the end....that didn't go well with my long day but I'm ranting on here about rather than to them.

Abraham Catering-C
AWFUL. I don't know how to say it any other way. Every person I talked to said the food was awful, the potatoes were so stiff, and the chicken was very dry....not very tasteful. Every single person I talked to said this, and I felt really bad for my friend as she spent a big part of their budget on this. Also at the headtable we never got any refills until the very end when they came around to ask if we wanted coffee. All around if I had been the one spending the money, I would have felt like I wasted a lot of money. The bars were ok, the bartenders always seem really out of it, if you ask for anything other than a standard drink, expect a stare.

Frank Piccolo-Mulhalls-A
Very prompt, loved the arrangements, my only qualm would be that he didn't do any kind of reminder call until the morning before, other than that I highly recommend Frank! He has great ideas, and I was with the bride when she met with him and felt like he really cared about making the arrangements add spark to her wedding and they sure did! Awesome color, awesome arranging!

That is all I can think of, I have a way smaller budget than she did but hope that this helps if you are looking to use any of these venues!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards