Nebraska

Red and Black Wedding Decor Ideas?

I am looking for Wedding decor suggestions/ideas for a red and black wedding.  Yes it has something to do with being a Huskerfan but I want the decor to be without the logo everywhere, but i'm also not into the goth look either, probably more red than black.  The flower of choice we are using is roses and would like to use that theme in my decor plan.  I am also getting married in Lincoln and would love some input on great floral vendors in the area.  Thanks!

62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n

Re: Red and Black Wedding Decor Ideas?

• Hobby Lobby has a bunch of stuff in this color set

• Thanks I'll check that place out!  Do you know if Mangelsens in Omaha has a wide variety of wedding decor?
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Some of the most stunning receptions are done with black table linens and red rose centerpices surrounded by votive candles.   If you are having a cocktail hour, you can use floor length black linens on the tall cocktail tables and tie them with a red satin or organza sash.  A single votive in the center of each finishes off the top of each nicely. 

Do a  Eiffel Tower vase or Pilsner vase centerpieces throughout the room using the roses, greenery and curly willow and talk to your florist about wiring votives to the curly willow.  Just make sure you work in odd numbers for the tall arrangements to get a good balance in the room.  You don't want to use even number or it makes a visual wall of height in the room.    

You can also do floating rose heads in vases with submersible LED lights under clear marbles or gel rocks too for a glowing shorter centerpiece. 

• We did a red, black and white wedding! We did black tablecloths, red rose petals and red uplighting. Just that little bit filled the room, and then we just did simple centerpieces! =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards