Nebraska

Wedding Venue HELP!!!!!

We had out wedding venue (for both the ceremony and reception booked at a golf course here in the Omaha area. Well it didn't turn out to be what they promised... We are getting married next June but I need a good affordable place. Preferably with a ceremony and reception area in 1 location.
Any suggestions?

Re: Wedding Venue HELP!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I am using Soaring Wings Vineyard. They have a great gazebo at the top of the hill that overlooks the vineyard and countryside and a great deck and party room as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I am at the Lauritzen Gardens. They have a "great hall" for the reception and you can choose between an indoor wedding ceremony or an outside wedding ceremony. It's pricey tho.
  • edited December 2011
    Soaring Wings also lets you bring in your own food and  by the end of the summer they will have beer as well as wine. I rented the facility for $450 through the Great American Radio Auction but they usually are $1200 I think
  • cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hotels offer both and you can also get married outside if you like at Anthony's Steakhouse.  Beautiful patio w/ gazebo and super cheap.  I had my reception there
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing our reception at  The Ridge in Elkhorn.  They can do both there but it take some planning.  Our ceremony will be at Peace presbyterian down the street.  There is a hotel in town that will shuttle all guests staying there to and from teh wedding and they offer discounts for my guests.

Another venue you may want to look at is the Atrium at NE Crossing.  they do both the ceremony and reception there if you would like.

http://www.atriumbanquetfacility.com/
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at the Doubletree Suites on 72nd Street and it was BEAUTIFUL!  They have an open atrium in the center of the hotel with plants and flowers all around you, so you get the feel of an outdoor wedding, yet don't have to worry about the unpredictability of Omaha weather!  They also have banquet space, so your guests just have to walk to their Ballroom for the reception.  Their food is great too!  Prices are pretty reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards