Nebraska

Hypothetical question: would you buy my wedding dishes, glasses, and silverward?

Hello!

I'm getting married in May and I'm doing some cost comparisons.  I'm considering purchasing all my dishes, glasses, and silverware, and then reselling it afterward.  I checked out the dollar store, and they actually have totally decent stuff!

SO, I'm not trying to find buyers now - just trying to gauge interest: would you purchase my silverware, glasses, and dishes for your wedding?  For $1000, you would get 200 of the following: dinner plates, dessert plates, champagne glasses, water glasses, and knife/fork/spoon sets.

Of course, you could resell it again yourself.

Thanks!

Re: Hypothetical question: would you buy my wedding dishes, glasses, and silverward?

• edited December 2011
    Considering I could buy for 125 for under $500 on my own and places I know and work at rent it all for $3 per person I would rather save the $400 on 200 people and know I wouldn't have to deal with finding a possible buyer....especially since they would have to be local. I know the person I bough 130 chair covers from out of state had to spend $70 to ship them to me and that accounted for over 1/3 of what I paid
  • cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally wouldn't because it means dragging them all to the reception, hoping none got chipped or broken, washing all of them before they are used etc etc.  Most places include the place settings with your rental whether its china or paper plates etc.   I think it's a far better deal than renting them, but you might find it hard to sell them afterwards.  You may have people that only want 4 place settings or 8 etc.   I've got 3 sets of china that I inherited from my grandma and I have had no luck selling them on line, garage sales etc.  One is even a collectors item and I called an antique store and even they weren't interested.

To me, the additional money is worth it not to worry about handling it, moving it and then either trying to sell it or store it.
  • edited December 2011
    Its actually much cheaper than that to rent them from AAA. We rented 200 Dinner, Dessert, Salad, Bread&Butter plates, water goblets and champagne flutes,irish coffee cups and silverware and it was only $715.
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards