Nebraska
Options

Officiants

Has anyone used any of the judges from the list you get from the douglas county courthouse?  I got the list when we got our marriage license, but I don't know who to pick.  Just curious if anyone had a good (or bad) experience with any of them.
Thanks!

Re: Officiants

• Options
    cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who got married on 1/1 and used one of the judges or was supposed to and he never showed up for the wedding.  He ended up calling saying he was passed out and no one woke him up.  Luckily the groom's friend had an uncle who was a pastor who came and did the ceremony about 1/2 hour later. 

Call Gilbert Hill 496 4565. He's a retired minister who does weddings

• Options
    LatentSmileLatentSmile member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Signature Ceremonies because we didn't feel that a judge would be as motivated to provide quality services.

Yes, it was an additional cost, but to have someone who helped personalize the ceremony was well worth every penny. Andrea from SC helped us decide on music, readings, and even the seating arrangements for the ceremony. The book that is provided to SC's clients helped us write our vows and fashion the ceremony from scratch.

Andrea had great ideas on the entrance/exit of the wedding party, and was truly a help for creating the programs. She also helped with ideas for the reception. She was dressed nicely and incorporated the religious elements we needed to appease both of our families, and she even mailed in the marriage license after the ceremony!

My suggestion, don't skimp on the ceremony. It will be so much less work and you will really enjoy planning it if you have some assistance and help with ideas!
  • Options
    neems1982neems1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Judge Susan M. Bazis. She was great, her ceremony was very modern and well thought out. You can also have a consult with the Judges, that's what we did. It's only $100 and we added everything we wanted into the ceremony. We did unity sand instead of a candle because we had an outdoor wedding, and she even had something written out for that part. We added a soloist during the unity sand and we had someone recite a poem. You should contact.
    ethan9 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is the average cost for a Douglas county jusge to officiate?  Neems, you said $100, is that the set price or does it vary depending on the judge? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards