Nebraska
Options

Vendor Reviews 09/21/12

Hi ladies!

I wasn’t on here too much, but everyone loves a good Vendor Review so here we go..Starting from the beginning: 

Nails: (The Nail Shop, downtown) – A+ - I love this place.
  Small shop with amazing atmosphere.  Very “zen”.  Perfect for a wedding party.  Pedi’s and Mani’s were beautiful – I can’t wait to go back!!

Hair: Gloss Salon (Beth) – AAA+++ - My hair looked absolutely AMAZING. Stunning. I went in for a trial a few weeks earlier and took pictures after it had fallen (I have very thick, long hair) so she would be able fix accordingly on the day of.
 She succeeded and my hair actually held ALL day, overnight and into the next day!  And the day of the wedding was very windy.  Truly amazing work she did! I loved it!!! And I got so many compliments on my hair as well!

Makeup: Gloss Salon (Angel Bjorke) – AAA++++ - Once again, AMAZING.
  My makeup was absolutely beautiful.  Angel did an awesome job and I didn’t even have to touch it up at all that day.  I was unsure about the fake eyelashes, but Angel assured me they would look great and she didn’t lie.  I felt absolutely beautiful!  Thank you Angel!!

Dress: Mori Lee (Pearls Place) – A – I found my dress at Black Tie White Satin and instantly fell in love.
  The ladies there were fabulous and I highly recommend the store!  Being the budget bride however, I ordered my dress from Pearl’s Place to save some money.  Dress came in a few weeks and was perfect.

BM Dresses: (Pearl’s Place) – B – We tried on dresses here and ordered from Pearl’s Place.
  Since we ordered a little late I had to pay the rush shipping – per dress.  Not ideal, but not their fault.  I was not, however, pleased with how they handled shipping.  Each girl had to pay $20 shipping (manufacturer to store), I chose to have them all shipped to my house and had to pay an additional $20 in shipping.  It wasn’t until after the order had been placed that it was explained to me that the dresses could have been shipped directly from the manufacturer to the girls therefore saving some cost.  

Alterations: (Linda Lee) – A+ - Linda, as always, was fabulous.
  My dress was a deep V and we needed to add a little more fabric to cover, as well as a “belt” around the waist.  She worked with me and the dress came out absolutely perfect.  You never would have known anything was added.  She also did amazing work on all of the BM dresses as well.  Highly recommend Linda!!

Flowers: (Flower for Special Occasions/Flower Studio, Debbie Pitt) – AAA+++ - After my consultation with Debbie there wasn’t a doubt in my mind that she “got it”.
  Our flowers were stunning.  She did such an amazing job.  I can’t even express how beautiful and absolutely perfect they were.  We received so many compliments on the bouquets… they were just amazing.

Ceremony/Reception: (Aspen Room) – A+ - We had both the ceremony and reception at the Aspen Room and I have no complaints!
  Ben Anderson was great to work, always quick to respond and very accommodating.  We rented the hall the day prior as well to avoid any potential stress factors of having to decorate everything the day of.  Props to all my girls and family – we were told it was the best the place has looked!  The food was delicious – tons of compliments on that, the staff was great and everything went well!!  They have an all-inclusive package that is very reasonable and I would highly recommend!! 

Cake: (CB HyVee, Caitlin Cool) – AAA+++ - Caitlin did an absolutely amazing job on our cake.
  It looked beautiful and was exactly what I wanted.  Her fondant flower work were soooo beautiful!! It also tasted DELICOUS!  We had plenty leftover and it stayed moist for the entire week!!! Thank you cuz!!!

Photographer: (TreeSnap Images, Tree Jacobsen) – AAAAAAA+++++++ - I don’t think I could give this woman enough A+s.
  Tree was absolutely phenomenal.  AMAZING.  She came early, she stayed late, she was easy to work with, she kept the day on track, she was professional, she was friendly, she was everything you could want in an photographer. And best of all, she took absolutely amazing pictures. She used so many different angles and techniques… So very impressed by her work. I put total faith in Tree and chose not give her a list of “must takes”.  She captured everything I would have put on the list.  Tree is outstanding and highly recommended.  I truly admire her passion and the work she does.  She captured every moment of our day beautifully and now we have a lifetime of memories.  Thank you Tree!!! 

Videographer: (Craig Schuster) – A – I have yet to see the video as we just got married 3 weeks ago, but so far I have no complaints!!  I found Craig on the knot and he was very easy to work with.  Just starting out, his prices were right and the examples he sent were really good.  I am very anxious to see the finished product!! 

DJ: (Real Deal, Dan Galvan) – B – Dan was very easy to work with and very friendly.
  He made sure the music for the ceremony was taken care of and took the extra step to reach out to the musician to save us some extra cost of setting up his speakers outside for the ceremony.  The dance floor was always full – whether it be with kids or adults, everyone had a great time.  Only complaints were the microphone kept acting up during the toasts and was told by others that he may have needed to take control of the room more, i.e., better instructions on table release for the buffet, more announcements of what was coming up, etc…  Being the bride, I was going on full tilt and didn’t necessarily notice anything, always a good thing!!  But all in all, everyone had a great time and the floor was packed!

Weather: (Mother Nature) - B - The sun was shinging and the temperature was perfect.  I never though I would plan an outdoor wedding in Nebraska but I did, and it worked!  Aside from being windy and cutting back on the outdoor pictures that afternoon, it was an absolutely gorgeous day.

Best wishes to all of you ladies!!
Steph

Re: Vendor Reviews 09/21/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards