Nebraska
Options

fake wedding cake

I was thinking to save money I would go with a fake cake and just use sheet cakes. Anyone have any advice for that??????

Re: fake wedding cake

• Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a smaller 3 tier cake and the rest was sheet cakes.  You could do something like that.

Have you actually priced it out?  Depending on who you go with, there might not be much of a price difference for doing a smaller tier vs fake.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    VMHR2011VMHR2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a fake cake is completely fine.  I'm making mine myself and doing 2 tiers rice krispie treat, one tierchocolate cake, and one tier funfetti cake.  But we're mainly using sheet cakes.  The rest is for decoration and cutting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The way i'm making our cake, is taking a bottom layer and a top layer, then the middle fake, and then serving cupcakes...that way there's still a nice big nice looking cake for the pics, and to cut for pics.  That way i'm not having to burden my family with cutting much.  I am making my own cake so its not really a cost issue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fake cakes are fine if you are choosing one they already have made up and not having them make one up for you.  It's the decorating of the cake that costs $$$$ not the cake itself. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards