Nebraska

Vendor Reviews - long, but helpful!

Vendor Reviews  - Finally! Wedding was October 22 in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Sorry….it’s a long post
J Dress: Bridal Traditions (Omaha)
Grade:
A
I got my dress last Christmas and my first shopping experience at Bridal Traditions was wonderful! The ladies were very accommodating and I found the perfect dress within my budget. I thought they had an excellent selection of dresses and I liked that you could just have a room to yourself. They stored my dress at no additional cost. I did not have my alterations done at Bridal Traditions.
Alterations: Stitching in Time (Lincoln)
Grade:
A
I lucked out here – going with someone that I’d never met or experienced. But Louise was wonderful, affordable, and professional and the dress turned out perfectly.
Bridesmaids Dresses: Bridal Traditions (Omaha) – Mori Lee
Grade:
B
The bridesmaid dresses also came from Bridal Traditions (Mori Lee brand). I LOVED them and had tons of compliments on them. However, Bridal Traditions dropped the ball a little bit here. They ordered sizes way too big that required lots of alterations for several bridesmaids. Two of my bridesmaids also reported that the ladies in the shop were somewhat rude when they went in to get measured.
Flower girl Dresses: Nancy August (website)
Grade:
A+
Try Nancy August online if you’re looking for unique, adorable, affordable flower girl dresses! I had 6 (yes…6!) flower girls and we found dresses in our budget for all of them – every size! They were beautiful as well. I had tons of compliments on them.
Tuxes: Savvi Formalwear (Lincoln – Pine Lake)
Grade:
A+
Savvi was so amazing and easy to work with! We had groomsmen, dads and ushers from all over the country and this shop was able to keep everyone’s tuxes and measurements organized with no issues. A couple of men had to have some alterations to their tuxes when they got into town and they were done within 2 hours of the fitting. They were also very affordable. We went with a very classic black/white look so I can’t tell you if they have a good selection of colors/styles. But their customer service was absolutely wonderful.
Venue: Rococo Theatre (Lincoln) – ceremony & reception
Grade:
C+
The Rococo is beautiful – no doubt about that. And we received (still receive) tons of compliments on how beautiful the theatre was and what a unique wedding venue. BUT… it posed some difficulties for the ceremony and reception. First, it’s very expensive. And on top of the rental fees, there are insanely expensive drink prices and you can only pay by the drink for host bar ($4-$7 per drink). You also have to pay separately for sound/lighting ($250), piano ($375), linens, china, glassware, etc. It was WAY more expensive than we first budgeted for. I wish we would have asked some more questions before booking. The staff is ok to work with – not overly accommodating.
Catering: Venue Restaurant (Lincoln)
Grade:
F---
DO NOT USE VENUE CATERING! I had a horrible, horrible experience with this caterer and unfortunately it’s one of only two caterers allowed in the Rococo Theatre. From the first meeting with Venue, I knew they were going to be difficult. I worked primarily with Cherie and while she was very nice, she was disorganized and repeatedly confused my wedding with other events. The prices changed about 6 times in the 10 months of planning. It made it impossible to plan or budget because prices for food, china, linens, rentals, etc changed ALL the time. Then on our wedding day, the food was COLD! COLD! We paid (over-paid – their prices are very high) for COLD, ugly food! They promised we’d have beautiful displays of food. NOPE…we had dirty (yes, dirty) chafing dishes filled with cold food. Nobody ate it. It was horrible. I DO NOT recommend. This was THE only stressor of my entire wedding.
Cake: Annette’s Catering (Lincoln)
Grade:
A
I wish we could have Annette cater the entire wedding because she’s incredible!! I highly recommend her for catering or desserts/cake. We opted for a huge dessert buffet instead of traditional wedding cake and she did not disappoint! (Thank goodness since our food was atrocious) We had over 900 desserts including a cheesecake bar. She made us a cake to cut as well. Her prices are very affordable and Annette is so much fun!
Photography: 40 Nights Photography (Lincoln)
Grade:
A+++
Nathan at 40 Nights is AMAZING and became a friend to my husband and I throughout the wedding process. We loved his style of photography from the very first meeting and are so pleased with the engagement and wedding pictures. We love them so much. Nathan was so helpful leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day. I highly recommend him!
Flowers: Fleur de Lis Concepts (Eagle)
Grade:
A
Brandie Humphrey did an amazing job with the flowers. We had very minimal flowers (I don’t really like flowers) but what we did have were absolutely gorgeous! So many guests complimented us on how amazing the hydrangea was because it was not in season yet they were huge and beautiful. Brandie is a sweetheart and very wonderful to work with and her prices are by far the most competitive of any florists I found in the Lincoln area.
DJ: Complete Music (Lincoln)
Grade:
A
Nick Henckel from Complete Music in Lincoln was awesome! I was most nervous about the DJ because music makes or breaks the reception, but we really lucked out. Nick turned out to really be a wedding planner during the reception. He made sure my husband and I were comfortable and eating and drinking and enjoying ourselves. He played only the music we wanted and if someone made a request, he’d check with us. People were up and dancing all night! He was very kind and dressed in a tux as we requested. We were very, very happy with our DJ!
Limo Services: Luxury Limousine (Lincoln)
Grade:
A
Limo services were excellent and on time. No complaints!
Photo booth: A Good Time Photo booth (Lincoln)
Grade:
A
We used a Groupon for the photo booth and we are so glad that we did! It was a huge hit at the wedding and all the guests loved it. A Good Time was very professional and took some great photos. It was very easy for guests to use and then download their photos online after the wedding. They also had copies to take with them at the wedding. We got to design our own logo for the photo strips as well. I highly recommend!
Rentals: Elite Event (Lincoln)
Grade:
A
We had to rent linens, china, glassware, silverware, wine glasses…everything! Elite was very helpful and accommodating to our ever-changing RSVP numbers. The only issue was that they assured us we could pick everything up in a van to cut down on the delivery costs, but that was not the case so we had to pay a last-minute delivery cost. But no big deal at all.
Stationary: Eagle Printing (Lincoln)
Grade:
A+
Eagle printed our programs and they turned out exactly as I had envisioned! This was a last minute project, but they accommodated my quick time line and made several changes to get it right. I was so pleased with the turnout and their wonderful customer service. They also do wedding invitations and I’m sad we didn’t use them for the invites as well. We used VistaPrint online for invites and I was very disappointed in the quality. I should have gone local with Eagle! I highly recommend!
Rehearsal Dinner: Beacon Hill / Country Inn & Suites Hotel (Lincoln)
Grade:
A
They were very accommodating to our huge party. Food was great, dessert was great! They also gave us a pretty good deal on food/drinks.
All in all, things went so well! Except our catering, nothing went wrong and we were very pleased with all of our vendors!

Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Re: Vendor Reviews - long, but helpful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards