Nebraska

The Aspen Room

Has anyone been here or been inside? There are not many pictures on their website and although they have a very good caterer...their 'all inclusive" deal seems a little too good to be true. Any help with anything good or bad regarding this location would be fantastic.

Thanks ladies!

Re: The Aspen Room

• I have. If your doing a very country cabin rustic theme it would be great. Personally I didn't like it and there are so many other nice options out there for under $30pp. I am having 120 people and at $30pp that would eat up well over half of my budget. Keep in mind the cake and the DJ are not included. How many people are you looking at?

• We already have our DJ and our cake figured out. We are planning on 180 max but the venue we were looking at orignally, although being inexpensive, would require us to bring everything in ourselves (minus the plates, tables, and chairs). We would have to get a caterer (we have narrowed it down to 2 but I know Abraham Catering is good), linens, bar service, AND a dance floor. I feel like we would almost be paying more bringing everything in rather than just going somewhere that would do the majority of it for us. We don't want to spend more than 10k for everything so doing this is proving to be harder than I had wanted. Couple that with myself being in nursing school and ready to rip my hair out and you have a hot mess :)

We are getting married in Blair and I would really love it if our guests didn't have to drive all over God's green earth to get to both locations.
  • Have you looked at the Lofte at Scottlyn Yard? It fits 180 and has lots of options to chose from and is right out of Blair. http://www.scottlynyards.com/TheLoft.html

Otherwise the Ackerhurst-Eipperhurst Dairy Barn is located at 15220 Military Road, not too far from Blair.

I know when we looked at them they had catering from $10pp, and alcohol thru Cornhusker beverage is easy, or you could just get your own alcohol. Linens we got from linentablecloth.com they are 20% off now and almost always a sale from 10-30% off.
  • We are actually using the Aspen Room this September for our Ceremony and reception.  I absolutely love it.  It does have a very rustic feel to it as it was built to have that "lodge" atmosphere  We are using it to our advantage for decor ("country chick") and it has an open ceiling that is great for hanging white lights and paper lanterns.  They are VERY easy to work with and lienent on everything.  Dont forget that the $30 is includes 2 entree dinner, alcohol, hall rental, service fees and gratuity. 
  • How many people are you having at your wedding StephyJ79? Was the dance floor large? I am concerned about being too squeezed in :(

• I drove by the venue and peeked in the windows.  Very easy to check out with a drive by :)
  • We have just over 20 on the guest list and most will be there...  I'm thinking between 175-200...  The dance floor is a decent size, not huge but doable.  Check out aspen room on facebook.  They have a bunch of different weddings on there that help let you visualize it. 

lazybicycle had a great idea...  good windows for peeking in :)

• Thanks for all the input. We are looking at around 150 people so hopefully that won't be too crowded! I will definitely check it out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards