Florida-Central Florida
Options

Orlando/Lake Wales DJ recommendations?

Hi Ladies,
My Fi and I finally, FINALLY set a date for St. Patrick's Day 2012, and we're on the hunt for a great dj... also at a great price! We're getting married at Bok Tower in Lake Wales, so the biggest city close by is Orlando. Recommendations? Also-

Questions- what's a reasonable price for a good dj (range)? I was guessing $700, but have really no clue. My comparisons are to Youngstown, OH prices, which are probably a lot lower.

Did/do any of you have a pretty set-play list, and if so, is that ok? Fi & I think we have a playlist songs we want played, so I didn't know if that would be offensive to the expertise of a dj. We came up with 4 hours of music!

Any comments, recommendations, suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Re: Orlando/Lake Wales DJ recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used John Mitchell with Traveling Light & Sound - he is based right near Lake Wales. He was extremely affordable, professional, did an awesome job coordinating the reception, and kept the dance floor full all night. I would highly recommend him! http://www.travelingsoundandlight.com/ 
  • Options
    mdd123082mdd123082 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I will definitely check him out. Can I ask how many hours you used him for and what you paid?
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $700 is a good price. You'll see them ranging from $500-$1,000, sometimes more. We used DJ London Underground, who is a good DJ, but not the best MC. We considered White Rose, but they were $200 more, so we went with the the other. We knew DJ London would do a good job since we found him at a prior wedding we went to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend White Rose Ent.  They did a fantastic job.  Very professional, not cheesy.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards