Florida-Central Florida

Rehearsal dinner...?

Hey Ladies,

Im having a hard time finding a reheasal dinner site! I am all confused! Do you have any recommendations?

Re: Rehearsal dinner...?

• SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine at Buca's and it was great!  super cute atmosphere.
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to Buca's but didnt like the food :(. I mean it was decent but i guess on the day we went, they didnt serve us the best food (alfredo pasta was dry) and i had to cross them off my list!

I'm glad you had a good experience there though :)

• edited December 2011
    Three letters: BBQ! 

We used 4Rivers Smokehouse catering and did it in the backyard, which I will admit is not for everyone, but it's something to think about! If you def want it at a restaurant, though, you could do a family-style place like Magiano's, which I've heard is pretty fun.
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours on the patio at Hot Olives and LOVED it :)
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I tried Maggiano's Alyssa...but they have a minimum of 1500 and dinner is 36.95 per person...that's too steep!

We are thinking of maybe getting the private room at Macaroni grill since their prices are functional LOL.

I would love to do a BBQ but i think we may be using some of those items for the bridal shower, so i dont want to do it twice. But i WILL be using them! LOL.

Will Hot Olives accomodate about 50 ppl?
  • edited December 2011
    You can always call them and ask but I'm guessing if it's set up right that they can :)
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • knaasknaas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having our at the Lake Mary Event Center and having Puff n stuff bring in the food!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_rehearsal-dinner-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:078972e9-b675-4fd0-95d6-f21722542ad5Post:0b79ac40-1a9e-4fe4-ab2c-41d511c53b24">Re: Rehearsal dinner...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did mine at Buca's and it was great!  super cute atmosphere.
    Posted by SRivera09[/QUOTE]

We are thinking of Buca's- how was the pricing?

What area for the dinner are you looking?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • jln555jln555 member
    edited December 2011
    Samba room is amazing!!! Great atmosphere and drinks!!! + 2 different sized private rooms!! 

If not I would highly recommend trying out this new restaurant that opened in Dr. Phillips...its an amazing experience...just go there for dinner one night with the honey if anything its called...Nuevo Cucina...or Cucina Nuevo... or visa versa!!! Ahhh I forget but it's right next to Cedars and Seasons 52 in Dr. Phillips. One of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time and you can probably rent the whole place out for an evening we are considering it because it is sooo amazing!
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Houlihan's is great.  They'll make a deal with you in your budget where you get to choose the entrees so it fits your price range.  
  • edited December 2011
    this is making me hungry lol
  • ericak926ericak926 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_rehearsal-dinner-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:078972e9-b675-4fd0-95d6-f21722542ad5Post:52e639b9-1b37-4d92-84e9-c845ae023e77">Re: Rehearsal dinner...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal dinner...? : We are thinking of Buca's- how was the pricing? What area for the dinner are you looking?
    Posted by meghanmcadams[/QUOTE]
    I am doing our rehearsal lunch there this Friday (the one in Maitland). We've been there before and the food is okay. I'm a food snob though (like Alyssa, Tee Hee) so it takes a lot to impress me. Anywhoo - the reason we are going there is because of the price. They have a lot of different options when it comes to the menu. Prices range from $13.95 to $33.95 (plus 20% tip) per person depending on how many courses you want. For $33.95 you get 5 coures with beverages (soda, coffee) included. You can also order off the menu and it could come out cheaper.
    I think the price for the food is great if you have to feed a lot of people and are on a budget.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_rehearsal-dinner-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:078972e9-b675-4fd0-95d6-f21722542ad5Post:ba96c07c-44b5-4d02-94f5-2bd0353d5bd1">Rehearsal dinner...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Ladies, Im having a hard time finding a reheasal dinner site! I am all confused! Do you have any recommendations?
    Posted by cjbwifey2010[/QUOTE]

What kind of budget are you looking at? My friend works at Mac Grill and I know they are very accomodating and will work with your budget.
    Good Luck SISta!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_rehearsal-dinner-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:078972e9-b675-4fd0-95d6-f21722542ad5Post:dffc4b05-d0d4-4629-8c81-0154cd0a38b8">Re: Rehearsal dinner...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a food snob though (like Alyssa, Tee Hee) so it takes a lot to impress me.
    Posted by ericak926[/QUOTE]

<div>LMAO! I guess I am. ;)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Erica thanks, we are thinking of the one in Maitland, and the in-laws are on a pretty tight budget. We plan to start hitting resturants soon, but Buca is highest on my list. Let me know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
    edited December 2011
    Erica,

Budget is about 20$ per person let's say... we saw that they offer 2 course meal (salad, entree, and drink) for 18.99. Can your friend give me a lower hookup?! LOL

I'm a food critic too...and Mac has always been good to me!
    edited December 2011
    I don't know but I will find out for you. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards