Florida-Central Florida
Options

Price of Cake... are you kidding me?!

Is it just me or are wedding cakes incredibly overpriced? I mean, it's cake. I have gotten quotes from a few companies and they all hover around $450 for a cake that feeds approx. 100 ppl. I contacted publix as well and they weren't that much better, around $380. It's not like I want anything facny either, no fondant or sugar flowers, just reg. buttercream and it'll be decorated with fresh flowers. Can anyone relate to this? or maybe do you have any suggestions for a company that is more inexpensive? I don't want to do cupcakes either, just a regular cake. Let me know! Thanks!

Re: Price of Cake... are you kidding me?!

• Options
    Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are pretty decent prices and frankly I would be concerned with the quality if you found someone for considerably cheaper.
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds about right but we are going with It's Tasty Too and her buttercream price is $3.50/slice plus we placed an order for a kitchen cake which runs $1.50 a slice.  FI thinks we are sticking with the kitchen cake but actually that will be his grooms cake and the price did not change.  It's  a little cheaper than what you said for 100 slices.
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a good price for a wedding cake.  Would you COULD do is go for a smaller cake for the bride and groom, and have them make a big sheet cake for your guests.  My step-mom does wedding cakes for a living and does that all the time.  It's a cheaper option.  No one says you have to have a 4 tier cake.  Do a beautiful, small, elegant 2 tier cake and get some sheet cakes!  It all winds up in our bellies anyway. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats a great idea susannajill! I was going to say you might want to look at pear blossom cakes and confections. She's a close friend of mine and is just starting her own buisness but is very talented and went to school for this. She also works with local caterers as their cake baker. Since she's just starting her prices may be lower.

Here is her blog:
    http://pearblossomcakes.blogspot.com/

I would says she's at least worth looking into.
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found that It's Tastey Too was our cheapest quote, they were even cheaper than Publix quoted us. We ended up going with Cupcake Crazy because we liked the taste better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    ucfclairebearucfclairebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thats about what it costs. i am looking at using anna cakes in longwood. she has pricing on her website with tons of pictures. www.annacakes.com

you could do a small cake then cupcakes for guests- thats the new thing from what i hear
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    gurl0114gurl0114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Its Tasty Too!!! Her prices are amazing and I can't believe what she plans to make us. The drawing was incredible so I will take lots of pictures on April 28th!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards