Florida-Central Florida

Grooms tux or suit and color..and chair covers or not???

I am getting married in April 11 at noon at Holy Trinity. My colors are ivory, gold with red as accent color. What color should my groom wear, Black or Ivory with red assessories? Since its a noon wedding should he wear a suit or tux. My dress is pretty formal btw. I would appreciate any suggestions. Another question, do I really have to have chair covers. I know its the "in" thing to do but since its not an evening wedding Im wondering can I skip them. For some reason I don't really care for that look but open to other opinions.

Re: Grooms tux or suit and color..and chair covers or not???

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chair covers are nice but never neccessary.  If you don't care about them, neither will your guests.  They just want to eat and have a nice time.  I think your groom should wear a black suit or tux with an ivory shirt and vest.  He can have a red boutonniere but he won't really need any red accessories.  
  • positiveccpositivecc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much Theresa for color selection and you are so right about chair covers.
  • edited December 2011
    In regards to the chai covers, CHECK THE CHAIRS. I wasn't going to do them, but I was smart enough to ask the venue to see their chairs. They are that 1998 jungle green color and pretty badly worn. So I sprung for the covers. Had they been plain white banquet chairs, I would have saved the money. 
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a good idea to ask about what the chairs look like. The reception hall we are using has dark wooden chairs, so we are not using them. As long as you are okay with how the others look, go ahead and save the money!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    I third that, check the chairs, including the colors. If your colors are blue & yellow & you're using them for the linens, and your chairs are say... purple & orange (God willing those don't exist at ANY venue, lol) you may want to go for the covers. We changed our color scheme to match the decor at our venue because we're cheap & the chairs were nice, but definitely didn't match our original color idea. lol Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards