Honeymoon Discussions
Options

6 hour lay over in ATL

I just realized we have a 6 hour lay over in Atlanta next month on our return trip from Jamaica... Other than bringing a good book (anyone have any suggestions for a book??) is there anything else to do to waste some time in the Atlanta airport?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 6 hour lay over in ATL

• Options
    The Atlanta airport has shops and things but it's kind of a pain to get from terminal to terminal to really look around.  I would just rely on a good book and a long lunch/dinner.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Where are you going in Jamaica? I have been looking into Negril
  • Options
    I wish I could see my own post!! Haha! It shows me there have been responses, but for the past 3 hours when I click on it to pull it up, there is no thread. That'll teach me to post anymore ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TK IT sucks.

I travel quite a bit for work and I loathe the Atlanta airport--it always feels extremely cramped and it isn't as up to date as other major airports.  The layout of the ATL airport is not very conducive to wandering around.  I would rely on your good book and maybe a long lunch/dinner at a nicer restaurant.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I can't see your post either :(  However, My advice for layovers is to bring a good book.  If this is for your honeymoon maybe you can bring your thank you notes and try to bust some of those out too?
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I can't stand the Atlanta airport. It just isn't laid out well for travelers. Plus Everytime I go we get delayed. During our layover on our HM we pulled out the laptop and watched a movie. We also had some food and poked around in a couple of shops. I brought thank you notes but never felt like doing them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_6-hour-lay-over-in-atl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:a556d47e-68c2-476f-96dd-774445ba507dPost:0a6c6582-ac64-4c6a-903f-d5c99a6d0e09">Re: 6 hour lay over in ATL</a>:
    [QUOTE]TK IT sucks. I travel quite a bit for work and<strong> I loathe the Atlanta airport--it always feels extremely cramped and it isn't as up to date as other major airports. </strong> The layout of the ATL airport is not very conducive to wandering around.  I would rely on your good book and maybe a long lunch/dinner at a nicer restaurant.
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.  And it's always really warm & stuffy inside the airport, even in January. 

We also have a big layover there on the way back from our HM. 
  • Options
    Were going to Sandal Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay :)
    Thank you notes would be a good idea and I didnt even think of bring my laptop for movies! Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_6-hour-lay-over-in-atl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:a556d47e-68c2-476f-96dd-774445ba507dPost:260acda3-9ef9-433c-b4bc-a74f63d05170">Re:6 hour lay over in ATL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't stand the Atlanta airport. It just isn't laid out well for travelers. Plus Everytime I go we get delayed. During our layover on our HM we pulled out the laptop and watched a movie. We also had some food and poked around in a couple of shops. I brought thank you notes but never felt like doing them.
    Posted by erollis[/QUOTE]

What E said.  ATL blows and sucks at the same time.  It's the busiest airport in the world (meaning super crowded and many delays), so I'd just sit tight and not move around much.  We were there two years ago and ended up getting some food and then like E did, we watched a movie on a laptop.  Or, if you're willing to be more adventurous, why not leave the airport completely and go somewhere in the city?  At least you'd get to see a new place rather than just another airport.  And 6 hours is a long time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Get out of the airport! Take a taxi to "Planet Hollywood" downtown. People are friendly in Atlanta. I think you will enjoy seeing the atmosphere there. Take a laptop for a movie & pick up some magazines. Time will fly. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards