Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Aruba

hi ladies,
First off I would like to introduce myself, I am Christine and am getting married April 5, 2013!! FI and I just start discussing honeymoons, and Aruba has always been top on our list of places to go. I l ooked back in the posts and saw a few about Aruba, but would love to hear reccomendations on places to stay etc. We are looking for all-inclusive. FIs brother, sister in law, and sister and brother in law allllllll honeymooned in Aruba (of course at different times). Both couples stayed at the Tamarjin and had rave reviews. Thanks in advance!
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Aruba

• Options
    We stayed at the Tamarjin a few years ago and would go back.

It is a family resort, so there were a lot of kids. Just something to consider on yor honeymoon.
  • Options
    If you want something more private, but not all-inclusive, the Hyatt is beautiful!  There weren't that many kids around when we went during the middle of May. There are a lot of great restaurants in Aruba, so consider that before doing AI.
  • Options
    We are going in 1st week of August for our honeymoon and we are staying at the Riu Palace which is an AI. I have been to Aruba before and they are many awesome resturants around the island. My FI and I decided that we might go and try the other resturants on the island. Goodluck, and I am sure you will have a blast!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    I love Aruba! It is my favorite of the Carribean Islands. There is so much to do, and it is safe. The beaches are awesome and the weather is always perfect. Great choice! I would encourage you to look at both all inclusive and the traditional hotels. The food options are so amazing there, you will want to eat out and try a lot of the places. Our favorite property is the Marriott Stellaris on Palm Beach, but there are lots of other good options.
  • Options

We are also going to Aruba for our honeymoon at the end of August. We decided against doing an AI after doing some research about the amazing restaurants and how safe and easy it is to get around the island.
    We are staying at the Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach resort, which from what I hear has a great location. It's a time share resort and we have a full kitchen and bought a package where breakfast is included every day. It's not adults only, and from reviews it looks like it caters more to an older crowd. But we are not looking for loud and crazy during the day. We can find that at the bars at night.
    Definitely look into a non all inclusive. We actually found that the all inclusives were so much more expensive and when we did the math, we didn't feel like we would eat or drink enough to cover it.

• Options
    FI and I will be staying at the Bucuti & Tara Beach Suites for our HM August 6-11 and couldn't be more excited! Neither of us has ever been to Aruba, and this is the only adults-only place we could find. It's not AI but you can buy packages for breakfast and dinner I think... like PP said, we figure we can eat at a bunch of amazing restaurants of our choice for less than the price of an AI.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:a59832ae-f0c1-4b46-8c54-3857fec133b8Post:189795c1-9242-47ef-a1cb-07c06e77abf1">Re: Aruba</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I will be staying at the Bucuti & Tara Beach Suites for our HM August 6-11 and couldn't be more excited! Neither of us has ever been to Aruba, and this is the only adults-only place we could find. It's not AI but you can buy packages for breakfast and dinner I think... like PP said, we figure we can eat at a bunch of amazing restaurants of our choice for less than the price of an AI.
    Posted by kristenbeddia[/QUOTE]

We are staying here as well for our first couple of nights then we are staying at the Renaissance in their adults only hotel for the remainder of the trip.  Since we will be there for 10 days we wanted to switch it up half way through.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    polim22polim22 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    My Fiance and I went to Aruba in January two years ago. We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! We may even go back for our honeymoon.  We are trying to decide between Aruba and Italy.  We stayed at the Hyatt - right on the beach.  The resort is dreamy, romantic - absolutely beautiful.  The food on the island is fabulous.  A previous poster indicated the same - so you may want to think twice about doing an all - inclusive.  Some of the best dinners we had on the island were outside of our hotel/resort.  The weather in Aruba is great no matter when you go.  You really can't go wrong.  Have a great honeymoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:a59832ae-f0c1-4b46-8c54-3857fec133b8Post:2aee997b-70e2-41d7-9258-4a42ebc9e9fc">Re: Aruba</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aruba : We are staying here as well for our first couple of nights then <strong>we are staying at the Renaissance in their adults only hotel for the remainder of the trip.</strong>  Since we will be there for 10 days we wanted to switch it up half way through.
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]
    We did the same thing! The private island was great and we loved the adults-only pool!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_aruba-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:a59832ae-f0c1-4b46-8c54-3857fec133b8Post:efec73d5-e5b0-43a6-a86c-0ad15ce03d9a">Re: Aruba</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aruba : We did the same thing! The private island was great and we loved the adults-only pool!
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

awesome!! 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My FI and I are thinking of Aruba too!  I have some friends who honeymooned there and most recommended against the AI, so we're looking at the Radisson, the Marriott Surf Club and a few other places.
  • Options
    I wouldn't do an AI in AUA.... there are too many amazing places to eat there.  Keep in mind though, food and drinks are VERY expensive. Also they serve little mini beers for like $4-5 US and they are puny.

We stayed at a private home but spent a lot of time in the hotel area. We were most impressed w/ the Hyatt which had absolutely gorgeous grounds.

The 2 main resort areas are Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. Palm is just north of Eagle. Eagle is a little quieter w/ more of the low rise hotels and Palm has more of the high rise hotels. I thought there were more restaurants by Palm.  Eagle seems to be a bit more popular w/ the Euro crowd.

Rent a car and see the island.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards