Florida-Central Florida

Honeymoon

Hi ladies.  I hope this is the right board!  Anyways....my FI and I are wanting to go to Disney World for our honeymoon.  Our wedding is the first weekend in June.  We were thinking of going to Disney world the next week.  But would it be better to go in July weather wise? Or should we stick with  June.  Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Honeymoon

• edited December 2011
    June can be a little warm and rainy but July is way hotter and more humid and can be more crowded. I would go June, but that's just me :)
  • muscles85muscles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there. Just a heads up that the summers are super hot in Florida. And all the kids will be out on vacation from school. You may have more luck doing it at the beginning of June to avoid heat/kids. The lines get long and it's honestly really hot in July. It still is now! This from someone who went to high school in Orlando. Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    That helps out a lot!  Thank you so much! I don't think I would want to wait a month to go on our honeymoon anyways!
  • edited December 2011
    To be quite honest our weather is unpredictable. As long as you stay somewhere with options, you should have a great time. That way if it is raining or too hott and you do not want to go to one of the parks, you will have stuff to do at the hotel. I would suggest checking out wdwinfo.com. It is the best site for Disney info. GL!
  • BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As someone who works for Disney...I can tell you right now that July is busier than June....Especially around the 4th of July....Both months are hot....BUT, if you do your vacation right (stay at a disney resort, take advantage of Extra magic hours aka play when the sun is down, use the pool in the middle of the day instead of being in the parks, use the Fastpass system, etc etc.) you can still have a good time. You will run into families because school is out, BUT as time gets closer, you may run into deals for the Disney Dining program and stuff like that...Good Luck! Have Fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Banana's right. (My FI works for Disney... we've been through all the tricks of the trade.) June is hot, but July is WAY friggin' hotter and muggier. I would also plan on getting rained on every afternoon (might not happen, but it's always a darn good chance in the summer) and bring an umbrella or just plan to do something indoors until it passes.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice ladies.  It really helps out!
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first weekend in June is almost always Gay Days at Disney.  Tons of gay people come to Disney and wear red shirts.  My friend's anniversary is June 5th and he went to eat at the castle for it and they asked who was celebrating an anniversary and he and his wife were the only straight couple in the entire restaurant.  The link is www.gaydays.com. I think it's that first weekend.  So, you might want to go in July. That being said, it rains almost every day at 3PM in July so June has better weather. 
  • edited December 2011
    Theresa626-thanks for letting me know.  Our wedding is actually June 5th so we wouldn't head out there until June 7th.  Maybe we will miss out on some of the crowds then!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards