Honeymoon Discussions

Best all inclusive resort in caribbean?

We are looking to go the end of July for about 1 week  including flight time. We would like to go  all inclusive and would love amazing water and water activities. The dominican republic is out. Any suggestions on which island to pick given our time and which hotel? We haven't set a specific budget  would love a budget friendly options
Thanks

Re: Best all inclusive resort in caribbean?

• The bahamas or Mexico are both great.
  • I've stayed at AIs in Mexico, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. I'm a big fan of Iberostar Resorts. I've been to 4 or 5 and the service has been top-notch at all of them. I like chain AIs because you can expect the exact same thing at each resort - same menu offerings, same activities, very similar architecture and layouts. Not to mention the employees are terrific - always going out of their way to make sure you're having the best time possible.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It really depends on what you are looking for in a resort. I've stayed at properties throughout the Caribbean of various styles and price points. My H and I prefer small, boutqiue style properties so my favorites are Moondance Villas in Negril Jamaica (nice tiny boutique luxury resort) and Zoetry Agua (one of the Amstar brands, but only 51 suites and no buffets, wristbands or cheesiness).   Moondance was my favorite because each villa has it's own staff (butler, chef, maid) who cater to the guests every whim.  Zoetry was excellent too. Even though it's a chain, the service was very personalized. There are two other Zoetry Resorts in Mexico since the DR is not an option for you. 

Some other resorts that you might want to consider are The Caves, Calabash Cove, Spice Island Resort and Jumbo Bay. 
  • I would highly recommend any of the couples resorts if you are thinking Jamaica!!
  • We are currently looking at Couples resorts in Jamaica and they look amazing. We've been to many all inclusives in Mexico and the caribbean and love them, but Couples resorts have all of their watersports and various excursions INCLUDED in the price (which is pretty rare, in my experience!) Snorkeling trips, sunset catamaran cruises, glass bottom boat tours, water skiing, hobie cats, etc...are all included. Usually there is an additional fee for most of these. We're 90% sure we're going to Couples Swept Away...it looks incredible!! Glad you liked it, bridetobemo!! Let me know if you have any tips...which one did you go to?

Laura 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We stayed at Sandals Royal Plantation in Jamaica and really loved it.  It is a lot smaller than most all-inclusives, so the service is exceptional.  The nice thing is, there is a much larger Sandals 5 minutes away, that you can use at the amenities at (should you want more action), but they can't come to Royal Plantation.  (Our travel agent recommended it for what we were looking for--- we've done bigger ones when we've wanted more action, but this time we were looking to relax and be pampered.  She's great at working with you to find the perfect resort for what you want, if you want her info, shoot me a PM.)
    Good luck!

• Go with St. Lucia! The Sandals resorts are amazing! All inclusive, beautiful! There are 3 to choose from and you have access to all 3 when there for amenities, etc. We are booking 3 nights in one (Halcyon) then 6 nights at the Grand. St. Lucia is gorgeous....definitely look into it! Very exotic :)
  • oh and by the way.....if you want a travel agent that is AMAZING on the north shore in Mass (I noticed you live in Boston; I am in area too) go with Coleen at Simply honeymoons. She is AMAZING! She really helped us to narrow down our options work within budget, etc. You won't be disappointed! And tell her Renee recommended you!
  • I was not a fan of St. Lucia - one of the sandals was old and dumpy, there was another close to our hotel in rodney bay, which was nice, but the entire rodney bay area was disgusting - I have never seen so many rats in my life.  I thought Soufriere was sketchy as well.

Just my 2 cents, but St Lucia is an island I would never go back to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards