Honeymoon Discussions

Barcelona advice

Hi!! My fiancé and I are planning on flying snd staying in Barcelona for 4 days before we board a european cruise. Any hotel suggestions for a honeymoon? What district should we stay in? Also, any suggestions on things we must do/see while we are there? Thanks :)

Re: Barcelona advice

• I LOVED Barcelona!  Granted, I was only there with a friend for 3 days, so definitely not a romantic trip at all.  A good read before you go, and bring with you- Rick Steve's Barcelona (I think it's just a "snapshot" out of his Spain book), it had great recommendations for tours, self guided walks, restaurants, museums.  If you are willing to take a break from relazing on the beach, the Sagrada Familia was the most amazing thing I have every seen in my life.  Google it :)  And check out Rick Steve's book on Amazon, should be a cheap purchase and fun read!
  • When is your cruise?  We're going to BCN the first wknd of April and I cannot wait! I'll post a review when we're back.

If you're going to be exploring the city, I'd recommend staying near Plaza Catalunya; which is somewhat the center of the tourist area and near metro stations.  Otherwise, L'Exiample and Gotic neighborhoods/barrios are recommended. 

If you'd consider renting an apartment, I'd check out YouStylish.  We've booked with them and already they're been extremely helpful, plus the places are really nice and the same pricing, if not cheaper, than some hotels.

For sites to see pp is right, Sagrada Familia is on the top of our list.  Also a flamenco show, one of Gaudi's homes (Casa Mila/La Pedrera or Casa Batllo), Parc Guell, the beach, Picasso Museum, Chocolate Museum, Contemporary Art Museum, etc.

You may want to google 3 or 4 day itinerary in Barcelona.  I've found them really helpful.
  • I took a long weekend there when I was on study abroad.  Sagrada Familia is definitely amazing.  Also check out a walking tour (I was in a hostel that directed you to free ones...).  I'm trying to remember where we saw the flamenco show... I think Palacio del Flamenco? because it was cheaper than several other places.  You could also visit the Magic Fountain of Montjuic, a music/light show that's pretty phenomenal. See if you can find the Temple d'August, it's not big, but it's a bit of a Roman temple.  Other than that, we really just walked around and admired the city.

Oh, and beware of pickpockets!! Barcelona is the pickpocketing capital of the world, it's a full-on organised crime over there.  Don't even give hi-fives to people riding by on bikes holding out their hand, that's one way the thieves get cameras!
  • Thanks everyone! Still need help picking out our hotel. We aren't going until august so looking forward to your review when you get back!
  • For hotels, our travel agent recommended this B&B, and I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews. It's favored by people taking cruises: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d618838-Reviews-Marina_View_B_B-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

And we're staying in this hotel in July, also recommended by our travel agent: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d543153-Reviews-Casa_Camper_Hotel_Barcelona-Barcelona_Catalonia.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Bonzo2011Bonzo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    If you're interested in Dali, there is a great museum of his work in Figueres, just a short train ride (30 mins I think) from Barcelona. I'm an architecture nerd, so I also really recommend the Gaudi works (Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, the few private houses) as well as the Barcelona Pavilion by Mies van der Rohe up the hill. Sorry, forgetting the exact place names. I also highly recommend getting hot chocolate! The hot chocolate there is so thick, it's like pudding. So delicious! When I was there, it poured a lot of the time, and my friend and I spent a lot of time staying dry in cafes, drinking hot chocolate and drawing. In August, you probably won't have that same chance of rain, but I still think you should try the chocolate! ETA fixed auto-correct errors
  • Bonzo-if you had to choose btwn one of the two, would you go to La Pedrera/Casa Mila or Casa Batllo?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards