Florida-Central Florida
Options

Do I really need a gift registry? Opinions Please

I have been on my own for almost 20 years and this is not my first marriage. Most of our families are coming from accross the country for our wedding. I feel that this is a big enough burden on them so I don't feel comfortable registering. On the other hand, my friend got married a couple of months ago and didn't do a registry. It was a big pain for me because I really wanted to get her something that she truely wanted. Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do I really need a gift registry? Opinions Please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try a registry with amazon.com or travelersjoy.com - I think there's another one, too... you can register for stuff for your HM or whatever other things you guys might use instead of just home stuff. But no, you don't *have* to have one. It does make things easier for some of your guests, though.
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think for the reason you mentioned above, you may want to consider having one.  I know you probably have much of what you need, but look at this as an opportunity to maybe upgrade or get new!  I agree you definitely don't *have* to, but I know as a guest I tend to rely on those registries.  I don't really have a problem giving money, but I do know some people who really just don't feel comfortable going that route, so if you have those types of guests not having one may make it frustrating for them.  =/  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another thought - a friend of mine registered at Target when she and her H were getting married, and they registered for board games and things they'd use when they had company over, in place of dishes and towels and crap like that. Go for fun stuff, too! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's not a requirement, but like you said- it is helpful to guests. The other thought is if you don't do one, people might just buy whatever they think you want and you may be stuck with it. IMO I'd at least do a small registry with things you don't necessarily need- but that you want. (New towels, games, movies, cappuccino machine, etc.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards