Florida-Central Florida

3 months!

Damn, where did January go! 

Well I'm at the 3 months mark and I can't believe it! I'm getting things done though. I ordered the invitations a couple of days ago (I'll post pics as soon as I get the proof in the mail) which also includes place cards and thank yous (so I guess that could count as 3 checks?). 

We've booked Norman's and managed to get quite a good deal there. I have a few bits left to sort out but it's not an overwhelming list. My top stresses at the moment are finding a hair person and sorting out my headband (I fell in love with this gorgeous one at my dress shop - I went to buy it and it had sold out and I'm still waiting to see if they're gonna get another one in - argh!!!!)

Happy Friday everyone!

xjcx

Re: 3 months!

• edited December 2011
    TGIF! Congrats on the checks!
  • edited December 2011
    Woohoo!

Re: hairstylists... Leslie at Studio Cara recommended two hair salons to me, and I thought you might be interested: Copper Head and Mosaic Hair Studio. CH charges $100 to come to your venue (wtf?!) but I haven't found out about Mosaic yet. I'll let you know when I do!

GL with the headband! Hope they can get it for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks!  Good luck with the headband hunt Smile
  • jazzycazyjazzycazy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey PP,

How did your trial with Leslie go? That's cool that's who she recommended although I think $100 travel fee is ridiculous.

I get a good vibe (from their website at least) from Stella Luca and Sarah mentioned a couple of people from there so I might give them a call tonight. Good luck with your hair and makeup sorting!!

Re: the hairband, it's by Jade Daniels which is a Canadian company. Originally I didn't buy the hairband because it was £150 which I think is crazy and I thought I could find something better. So I looked and looked and in the end I still loved my other one. So I rang some other JD stockists in the UK. Turns out the one I want is an exclusive design to my dress store so I thought "ok, I'll suck it up and get it from there".

I go in to buy it and they said they're having an half price sale on. Awesome... except they didn't have it! So she rang round the other stores and the latest is that the stores have run out of the one I want and Jade Daniels want the store to place a big order which the store doesn't want to do. Ugh. 

I'm making weekly calls to the store now as them not wanting to order a large order from JD is not my problem. I'm going to look for some alternatives as time is ticking on but if worst comes to the worst I can see me ordering directly from somewhere in Canada!

I'm sure it'll work out in the end, it was just so cute and perfect with my dress. Annoyingly I don't even have a pic to recreate it. Here's hoping fate will deliver the goods!

xjcx
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and my proof of my invitations and RSVP cards came today. They're so pretty, FI and I gushed about them for ages.

Will post pics when I get off from work!

xjcx
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Happy Friday!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So these are the proofs of our invitations which arrived today... these are the invitations...

and the rsvp cards which will go inside them...

Sooo excited!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I Love the invites! Great choice!

And, congrats on the check and the 3 month mark!! Time is flying!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I was on this site for historical reasons and thought I saw a conversation post about including your daughter in your service.  We included my stepson in our service and I took vows to him.  If you'd like to 'talk' more about this, please let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    J - OMG those invites are fabulous! Love them!!

apwalles, I think you're actually thinking of me - would love to hear about your experience!
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your invitations are so pretty and festive!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards