Florida-Central Florida

RSVP Stupidity

Why is it so hard for people to mail in there response cards? I just feel like they became stupid when guests get there invites. My RSVP date was March 15. I know its only been two days but i still have a few people that didnt respond. I even sent  a message to them on my facebook!! Sorry if i sound rude but its really amazing how people wait. I hope they like waiting when they need my RSVP card for something cause im totally going to do it to them. Fair is fair. I have things to do and need a final headcount. Ive learned alot from wedding planning thats all i can say. Just had to vent. Yell

Re: RSVP Stupidity

• edited December 2011
    OMG I am NOT looking forward to the RSVP drama. I know that my family will be the same way...except like, 4 total will RSVP. So inconsiderate. Hope all works out for you in the end!
  • 2010Bride2B2010Bride2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww thanks! I know it will work out but i just wanted to order favors, bubbles, give my linen company and headcount..blah blah. Just cant do anything until they come in! Like i dont have other things on my mind. DOnt get why people do these things to brides!!
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By the due date for mine, about 1/6th of the rsvp's were in. I knew I was going to have to track some down, but I didn't know it would be that bad. So I know it's frustrating. A lot of people thought I would just assume they were coming, and didn't think they had to rsvp. But eventually I got most of them back.
  • edited December 2011
    Because the wedding isn't as important to them as it is to us. And I'm ok with that - I remind myself of this whenever I feel myself fretting over something minor (not saying RSVPs are minor) - "No one will care but me, it won't make that much difference if ..." lol. 

This is one of a few reasons I decided not to do paper RSVPs - I didn't want to kill trees and spend money on postage for cards that I knew would never get sent back. I tell myself that they aren't doing it "to" us, they're just busy and preoccupied, like us. 

Vent away, sister, we all get it. But hopefully it doesn't raise your blood pressure too much! "Woo-sa!" :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! HAHA. Just had to vent thats all. And say that people are stupid sometimes! I get people are busy and may forgot. But to not get back to me on Facebook either! What comes around goes around and they will know what its like to wait and be frustrated!
  • ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know what is silly? I thought my people would be super fabulous and then I could brag all about how many RSVPs I got. Truth is they are all effin tards. I even gave them an option to RSVP online. So far my favorite is my parent's friend who added a plus one on his when I didn't give him a plus one. WTF?! Arg!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL my cousin (who really should be my brother because my real brothers are tards) sent me an e-mail saying "oh by the way I might be bringing a date and her kid." He definitely wasn't dating anyone when I sent out the invitations, so I wasn't counting on him bringing a date, much less her kid (who may be high school aged)! I wasn't sure what to say about him bringing his flava of the week, but we're under our anticipated guest count anyway, so whatever. I just hope this one's a slightly more classy 'flava' than the stripper, the cougar, and the alcoholic that came before her! ;)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it when people assume things. Its all amazing to me. The stores i could tell ya! People wouldnt like it if it was done to them!
  • amyers321amyers321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the few that didn't respond until after the due date(and 1 who just never responded...and didn't show up)
    We also had one who added their kids(who are "technically adults") but I didn't fight them on it since they were the only ones who just assumed LOL.
    And then I had the few who cancelled at the last minute(6 total) all via facebook messages.
    I suppose I shouldn't complain too much though....we had a ball!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I don't blame you. I am hoping I won't have to fight people to get them to respond, but I bet I will.  :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards