Florida-Central Florida
Options

AW: I'm back and Married!!!

Hi Everyone!

I got married on the 15th, and I'm finally getting my life back to normal :). It's soooo weird that it is all over now, but also kind of nice! Unfortunetely, we had A LOT of vendor problems, so I am going to wait a little longer to post my reviews. Most of it I have gotten over,

since at the end of the day, I'm married and we had fun..but there are still some things I am kind of seething about and in an effort to be fair to the vendors I figure I should cool off a bit first :).

No pro photos yet but my dad took this one below! Not too bad :)

Thank you ladies for all of your help, It was invaluable!!!

Re: AW: I'm back and Married!!!

• Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Congratulations!  Post pictures when you get some!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE the dress! I was THISSSS close to getting that one. =) 
    (got a different, sort of similar one instead, but adore BOTH!!)

cant wait to see the pics!
  • Options
    cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Welcome back MRS! I can't wait to see pics and for you to post vendor reviews...im impatiently waiting! LOL. 
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm excited to see more pics so I can get more of an idea of LMEC. Also, lavender is one of my colors, so if you have stuff for sale, let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do have some stuff for sale, but off the top of my head not sure any of it is lavender :). I will post a for sale bio with my vendor reviews!

And for the record the LMEC was PERFECT, I couldn't have picked a better venue! Hopefully, despite my photog issues I will have some good pictures for you to see :)

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful!  I really can't wait to hear about what happened with the vendors.  Can you give us a little scoop without naming them? 
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Congratulations! The one picture looks beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yayyy married!! Congrats! Sorry to hear about all the issues. :( I can't lie though, I saw in your planning bio I'm using the same photog... so I'm having a mini panic attack here wondering what happened? Literally like 2 days ago we mailed a check... :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Theresa-  In VERY short summary :)....

Photog- Ended up being a little over an hour late. This was bad enough as I missed all my "getting ready" shots and candids prior to the formal shots before the ceremony, but she didn't call to tell me until after she was already 20 minutes late. My bridesmaid had tried to call her before her start time to let her know where exactly we were, and then again when she was 15 late. Didn't hear from her until the 20 minute late mark, in which time I had already started to panic that she wasn't coming at all!l

Caterer: Called the monday of our wedding to say our table linens had been discontinued, after scrambling to find new ones, on the day of the wedding the linen napkins were wrong, and we had paid an "upgraded" fee for special ones. I contacted him yesterday in reference to the "mixup" and basically got a very curt, "Sorry, you are SOL" (obviously paraphrasing here!) response. There were also several other issues....including, the "water cooler" incident. Just wait for that one lol

Rehearsal Dinner: Was in our contract that we would have 35, they set the room for 30. Took them over 45 minutes to accomidate the last 5 people, so we didn't get our salads even until an hour and 15 after we were supposed to have started. Annnnnd they served all the food, and forgot me. Almost everyone was done before I got mine!

Coordinator: Literally too many problems before and the day of to even begin to recount.

Soooo, yeah. I had alot of issues lol. Like I said, in fairness to the vendors, I'm going to wait probably another week to write my reviews, and even then, I'm just going to give the facts. No need to let my opinion shape someone elses. Something that was a big deal to me might not be to someone else so I'd rather just let people draw their own conclusions....:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I am sooo sorry! But like you said, it's over & your married... that's the important part, right? & you look super gorgeous in the picture! :) So craziest thing ever... I almost went to your wedding. LOL! Well... not really... but kind of? One of the musicians who played your wedding is a close friend of my family & I was going to help her come set up (mostly because I wanted to see what LMEC looks like all set up since my wedding is there!) Other crazy tie... I met with Jessica the day after your wedding. She told me she had just done a wedding there the day prior... the same wedding (YOUR wedding) I almost got to see. Small world these local boards. ;) lol 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, that's too funny! I assume your friend is Valerie? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That'd be her haha! Hope the music went well... since I'm using her for my wedding too! I'm taking the cheap route though since she's a friend & putting faith in two of her younger STUDENTS =O But they sounded great when I heard them, so I'm not too concerned. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

To be honest I can't remember ever hearing the music lol. It's kinda hard to hear when you are waiting to walk down the aisle, and then by the time it's on you the music (for me at least!) was the last thing I was paying attention to haha.

I was too busy during the cocktail hour taking pictures too notice either! Oh well :), it wasn't really for me anyway! I haven't heard anything bad from anyone so I assume it was ok!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I'd assume no news is good news, lol. Where did you have your ceremony? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In the Routunda at LMEC!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards