Florida-Central Florida

Affordable Non-Beach Venues in Central Florida?

Hello everyone! I just got engaged last week,but I figure it is never to early to start finding a venue. Our theme is vintage fall, and we really don't want a beach wedding. Does anyone have any affordable location ideas? Or have any good websites to check?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Affordable Non-Beach Venues in Central Florida?

• Congratulations! There are a lot of great, nontraditional venues in Central Florida. We're getting married at the Winter Park Farmers Market in Winter Park. Also check out the Maitland Arts Center in Maitland and Casa Feliz in Winter Park.
  • The courtyard at Lake Lucerne is where I'm getting married and they're very vintage and super affordable! I think it came out to about $7000 for all the food, open bar, chairs, tables, linens and the site fees for 75 people. They allow you to chose from Puff n' Stuff, Arthur's, or Meiner's for caterers and we chose the Meiner's package because they were the least expensive of the three. Their website is: http://www.orlandohistoricinn.com/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_affordable-non-beach-venues-in-central-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:33448f93-1926-4db4-aba8-f52a588c483ePost:6310e6b2-c227-48c5-b3fc-2fc1b763b136">Re: Affordable Non-Beach Venues in Central Florida?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations! There are a lot of great, nontraditional venues in Central Florida. We're getting married at the Winter Park Farmers Market in Winter Park. Also check out the Maitland Arts Center in Maitland and Casa Feliz in Winter Park.
    Posted by margipan[/QUOTE]

A farmers market sounds soooo nice. I'll have to check those out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_affordable-non-beach-venues-in-central-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:33448f93-1926-4db4-aba8-f52a588c483ePost:b2241b11-cad8-4abf-8449-999127ce2217">Re: Affordable Non-Beach Venues in Central Florida?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The courtyard at Lake Lucerne is where I'm getting married and they're very vintage and super affordable! I think it came out to about $7000 for all the food, open bar, chairs, tables, linens and the site fees for 75 people. They allow you to chose from Puff n' Stuff, Arthur's, or Meiner's for caterers and we chose the Meiner's package because they were the least expensive of the three. Their website is: <a href="http://www.orlandohistoricinn.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.orlandohistoricinn.com/</a>
    Posted by avondale16[/QUOTE]

Woah 7k is WAAAAYYYYYYY out of my budget...but thanks for the suggestion. I just can't spend that much when I'm only having 19 people.
  • Oh well obviously the cost would be signifacntly less for 19 people rather than my 75 people price. I think their online listed package is $4500 for 60 people so a third of that would be maybe around $1500 for your 19 people. I was just giving you my example...The Courtyard is a great outdoor option with caterer options that I think could work for anyones budget.

Also, if you're having such a small wedding you'll need to take into consideration the amount of space each venue has. The Winter Park Farmer's Market is awesome and I've been to a wedding there that had about 120 people, I feel like 20 people in there would feel kind of empty.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_affordable-non-beach-venues-in-central-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:33448f93-1926-4db4-aba8-f52a588c483ePost:f60d17e1-f32d-4a4e-b254-cfb5603ecb1d">Re: Affordable Non-Beach Venues in Central Florida?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh well obviously the cost would be signifacntly less for 19 people rather than my 75 people price. I think their online listed package is $4500 for 60 people so a third of that would be maybe around $1500 for your 19 people. I was just giving you my example...The Courtyard is a great outdoor option with caterer options that I think could work for anyones budget. Also, if you're having such a small wedding you'll need to take into consideration the amount of space each venue has. The Winter Park Farmer's Market is awesome and I've been to a wedding there that had about 120 people, I feel like 20 people in there would feel kind of empty.
    Posted by avondale16[/QUOTE]

This is very true. That's a problem i'm running into (too much space)  Hopefully I can come across a small space soon.  :p
  • I did not want a beach wedding, so I looked for outdoor gardens that allowed for a backup plan due to weather....
    I found Mixon's in the Grove. It's in Bradenton, Florida.
  • PS: Mixon's had an extremely reasonable quote, we're having up to 160 people for $2,700. That's the venue, reception, tables, chairs, everything included. All I do is provide decorations, and caterer and any entertainment.
  • The Winter Park Wedding Chapel has a small non-denominational chapel which is beautiful and holds maybe 40 or so. Also, 310 on Park Ave in Winter Park has a private room and they will do a wedding and reception. The wedding chapel does amazing packages which include photography, minister, hair and make up, flowers, transportation, etc. so there is not a ton of planning and will customize packages that fit all sorts of budgets.
  • Leu Gardens can usually accommodate a small group for a reasonable price.  With 20 people why not marry in the rose garden in Winter Park and then have your reception at one of the local restaurants.  if you're trying to keep it small so you can maintain a small budget look at the local city, county, and state parks (usually under $100 to rent a park for the ceremony only.)  Then look to local restaurants that have private rooms (Ruth's Chris, Season's 52, etc....) and have your reception there.  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_affordable-non-beach-venues-in-central-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:33448f93-1926-4db4-aba8-f52a588c483ePost:0a5d7859-a7fe-4a36-8464-9db88e15dab2">Re: Affordable Non-Beach Venues in Central Florida?</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS: Mixon's had an extremely reasonable quote, we're having up to 160 people for $2,700. That's the venue, reception, tables, chairs, everything included. All I do is provide decorations, and caterer and any entertainment.
    Posted by nelmenani[/QUOTE]

Wow,so it should be even lower for less people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_affordable-non-beach-venues-in-central-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:33448f93-1926-4db4-aba8-f52a588c483ePost:71ae9c36-c448-44fb-bf4a-f825559112f6">Re: Affordable Non-Beach Venues in Central Florida?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Winter Park Wedding Chapel has a small non-denominational chapel which is beautiful and holds maybe 40 or so. Also, 310 on Park Ave in Winter Park has a private room and they will do a wedding and reception. The wedding chapel does amazing packages which include photography, minister, hair and make up, flowers, transportation, etc. so there is not a ton of planning and will customize packages that fit all sorts of budgets.
    Posted by MikiSJT[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the idea :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_affordable-non-beach-venues-in-central-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:33448f93-1926-4db4-aba8-f52a588c483ePost:8b83a2bc-df57-4dee-9286-875a69680b11">Re: Affordable Non-Beach Venues in Central Florida?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leu Gardens can usually accommodate a small group for a reasonable price.  With 20 people why not marry in the rose garden in Winter Park and then have your reception at one of the local restaurants.  if you're trying to keep it small so you can maintain a small budget look at the local city, county, and state parks (usually under $100 to rent a park for the ceremony only.)  Then look to local restaurants that have private rooms (Ruth's Chris, Season's 52, etc....) and have your reception there.  Good luck!
    Posted by BeachBride1216[/QUOTE]

Man, if only I liked roses. XD

As for the park rental, I'm pretty sure at this point that's what we are going to do. Rent out a park for the ceremony and then somewhere with a community center just have a restaurant cater.
  • If you are still looking we are a new venue located in Highlands County.  www.misscindysgardens.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards