Florida-Central Florida
Options

Having a DJ for the ceremony?

Im trying to cut back on costs for the wedding and was thinking of having my DJ just do the music for the ceremony and reception. Do you think it would be weird to have a DJ do the ceremony music? What music should i have him play??

Re: Having a DJ for the ceremony?

• Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be more expensive because of their set-up and equipment they would have to bring. There are quite a few brides that have used an ipod for reception music. If your venue allows, that is an alternative option. GL!
  • Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I apologize..I read the inquiry wrong. You never know until you ask but I wanted my DJ for the cocktail hour and he told me no because he didn't want me to pay for an extra hour of service that I could use the money for something else.
  • Options
    sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just using an ipod for  my ceremony music and myC and R are beeing held at the same location .
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having our DJ do our ceremony music and it is only costing like $250 more I think... I dunno if that is a lot or not for ceremony music though because we never looked anywhere else
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's common to have people do this. I would much prefer live music but if you can't afford it, at least a dj can fade the music in and out and match it to what is going on in the ceremony.  Way better than asking someone to put in CDs.  
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your reception and ceremony are in different locations, I think you should just hire live musicians because it might be less expensive.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony and reception are in the same place.  My DJ is handling the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.  I can't remember how much it is though. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont see why it would be a problem if they are in the same location. My DJ is doing my cocktail hour and reception and he is like $100 an hour, so for the 5 hours he is charging 499. Much more affordable than live music
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is doing all of it. He's got a professional (ie Bike Week sized) rig and is setting up equipment at both the reception and ceremony sites. No extra Fee. 
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards